Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove OceanLotus Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
OceanLotus is a high-risk Trojan horse. This virus slithers into your system through deception and corrupts everything. It spreads its roots around your entire OS in complete silence. The stealthy Trojan takes control of your computer and starts its malicious operations. The news is very bad! OceanLotus is an advanced virus which can interfere with every component of your operating system. It follows programming to weaken your security and to help other viruses infect your computer. This Trojan acts as a backdoor. Security researchers warn that it is capable of installing anything from annoying adware to destructive ransomware. Spyware, keyloggers, rootkits, anything may sneak into your system through this nasty invader. If you suspect that your operating system is infected, take immediate action. Don’t waste time in debates. The more time OceanLotus has, the worse your situation becomes. Your best and only course of action is the immediate removal of the sneaky invader. Clean your computer ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
OceanLotus relies on a classic distribution strategy. It lurks behind spam messages. There are various versions of the distribution scheme. The crooks usually write on behalf of a well-known organization. They attach malicious files, as well as embed corrupted links. One wrong action and you end up with a virus. Do not give into naivety. Be very careful with your inbox! Whether it’s an instant message or an email, treat all unexpected messages as potential threats. Always take a minute to verify their senders. If, for example, you receive an email from a company, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the questionable one. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately. You can also enter the suspicious addresses into a search engine. If they were used for questionable business, someone might have complained online. Do not give into naivety. Don’t throw caution to the wind. No anti-virus app can protect you if you do. The key to a secure and infection-free computer is vigilance. Always take the time to do your due diligence. Don’t let parasites trick you ever again!
Why is this dangerous?
OceanLotus is a nightmare. As soon as it invades, corruption follows. The virus alters settings, modifies the registry, drops malicious files, and starts dangerous processes. This, of course, happens without any noticeable symptoms. You cannot catch the Trojan in time to limit its corruption. OceanLotus is designed to be stealthy. It can spend an undefined period of time on your system without you noticing it. And if you are not sure, that’s very bad! The Trojan is a breach of your security and privacy. As long as it remains active on your computer, you are not safe. The virus threatens to steal sensitive information and to share it with unknown individuals. Your passwords, usernames, financial details. There’s nothing safe! And as if that’s not bad enough, but your OS is also endangered. The Trojan messes with essential system directories. It drops files and forces alterations. The virus may trigger various errors and malfunctions. It won’t be a surprise if you find yourself forced to reboot your computer repeatedly. Bear in mind, though, that a simple restart won’t fix your problems. OceanLotus loads together with your OS and is always lurking in the background. Do not put up with this situation. This nasty virus has no place on your computer. Heed the experts’ advice: as soon as you become aware of the Trojan’s presence, take action. Find where the invader lurks and delete it upon detection!
Manual OceanLotus Removal Instructions
The OceanLotus infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the OceanLotus infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down OceanLotus related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate OceanLotus startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean OceanLotus virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by OceanLotus
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for OceanLotus, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove OceanLotus Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.