This article can help you to remove NvDisplay.container.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
If you have problems with the NvDisplay.container.exe process, brace yourself. You are in for trouble. This process is started by a Trojan Miner. Win.CoinMiner.CONTAINER Trojan lurks in the shadows of your OS. The invader slithers into your system and corrupts everything. It wastes no time. The Trojan modifies your System Registry, corrupts essential system folders, and starts malicious processes. The parasite, of course, works in complete silence. You cannot notice it in time to prevent its infiltration. It also camouflages its processes. This nasty invader spreads its roots around your whole system. Once settled, however, you start noticing its corruption everywhere. It doesn’t matter whether you type a search query or watch a video, the Trojan is always there to cause issues. You face system underperformance, crashes, program failures, and numerous odd errors. The NvDisplay.container.exe virus interferes with every aspect of your daily computer-related activities. This parasite follows orders to steal your computer resources. It takes everything your device has to offer and leaves nothing for you. Confused? Well, the Trojan turns your device into a coin miner. It forces your system to perform accounting services for a coin platform. These processes, however, are very heavy. They require CPU power, as well as RAM. The Trojan doesn’t hesitate to take what it needs. And thus, leaves you with a slow and unresponsive computer. Do not put up with this thief! The Trojan is not a mere annoyance you can ignore. This parasite has control of your OS. It steals your resources now, but it may do something nastier tomorrow. Do what’s best for you and your system’s well-being. Remove the NvDisplay.container.exe virus ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
NvDisplay.container.exe does not target individual victims. This Trojan uses mass-distribution strategies to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. The parasite hides in torrents, fake updates, corrupted software bundles, and spam emails. All these methods deliver the parasite to your system. That’s all they do. They don’t install it. Only you can do that. Only you can let the virus on board. As you can imagine, though, the exchange is not straightforward. The Trojan is a master deceiver. It uses trickery to sneak in behind your back. It lurks in the shadows and waits for you to let your guard down. This virus preys on your naivety. All it needs to succeed is one moment of carelessness. Do not make its job easier. No anti-virus app can protect you if you act carelessly. Only your caution can protect you. Choose caution over carelessness. One keeps the parasites away, the other – invites them in! Download software from reliable sources only. Pay attention to the fine print. When available, use the advanced/custom installation option. And don’t skip the terms and conditions. If you cannot spend enough time to read the whole document, you can scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Abort the installation process if you notice anything suspicious.
Why is this dangerous?
NvDisplay.container.exe is very hazardous. This parasite is unpredictable. It has unrestricted control of your system. This Trojan uses your device as a miner, but is also capable of spying on you. Do you feel safe knowing that this invader tracks your activities? What about your files? Can you imagine them sent to the hackers? The nasty Trojan is a serious infection. It sneaks into your system and corrupts everything. The parasite puts your privacy and security in jeopardy. It turns you into an easy target. No one can tell you what the future holds for your device. One, however, is known for sure. If you don’t take action against the Trojan, there will be consequences. Remove the Trojan! For the very least, the NvDisplay.container.exe parasite makes a terrible tenant. It causes your system to slow down to a crawl. The parasite causes crashes and program failures. Your apps take forever to load if they start at all. Errors and warnings pop-up on your screen every time you as much as move the cursor of your mouse. Don’t put yourself through this torture. Remove NvDisplay.container.exe before it gets a chance to cause more damage. The sooner this virus is gone, the better!
Manual NvDisplay.container.exe Removal Instructions
The NvDisplay.container.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the NvDisplay.container.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down NvDisplay.container.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate NvDisplay.container.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean NvDisplay.container.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by NvDisplay.container.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for NvDisplay.container.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove NvDisplay.container.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.