Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Npasre hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Npasre Removal instructions!
We have good news for you. The Npasre Virus is not a real virus. Don’t get too excited, though. This program is malicious. Npasre is classified a browser hijacker. It is not as dangerous as Trojan horses are, yet, this tool can cause irreversible damage to your machine. Npasre will change your browser’s homepage. You must have noticed that, however, there is one more change it can cause to your browser. The hijacker will replace your default search engine. You may not notice this because the search results you are seeing appear to be provided by a well-known search engine. Unfortunately, this is just an appearance. All search result you are seeing are corrupted. The hijacker is a program that is installed on your machine. It has your permission to make changes to your browsers. Hence, the malicious tool can control everything that is displayed on your screen. This app injects fake entries among the search results. All search results. No matter the provider, Npasre will affect them. If you have more than one browser installed, be sure, all of them will be affected by the furtive app. Npasre may also install toolbars without your explicit approval. This app is responsible for the sea of ads you are drowning in recently. And, unfortunately, there are more negative consequences. Your computer is running slower than usual, isn’t it? Thank the Npasre for that, too. This tool is running on your CPU and uses a lot of RAM. The more ads you are seeing, the slower your machine will become. Your browser will start to freeze and crash unexpectedly. Can you imagine getting any work done in such conditions? We are here to help! Follow our guide and get rid of this nuisance for good!
How did I get infected with?
There are many ways for a browser hijacker to travel the Internet. Torrents, fake software updates, corrupted links, and spam emails. To get itself installed on your computer, the Npasre hijacker could have used any of those tricks. The thing is, you could have prevented this. Your vigilance can spare you such troubles. You were lucky this time. The hijacker can be removed. However, there are many dangerous infections that use the same methods. When installing a program, opt for an advanced tab or button. Don’t hesitate to use it. The advanced installation is usually presented as a complicated process, suitable for IT experts only. Don’t fall for this trick. There is nothing complicated in the advanced installation. It is a simple step-by-step installation wizard. Yet, it gives you a choice. The choice to deny the installation of all additional programs that are about to be installed. This method is known as bundling and it is quite common nowadays. Developers tend to add extra programs to the installation files of many free programs. Those extras are often malicious. Read the terms and conditions. If suspect that something is wrong, abort the installation immediately.
Why is this dangerous?
Npasre is exposing you to numerous ads. Coupons, great deals, and discounts are blinking in all imaginable colors. All those advertisements are appealing, aren’t they? And why is that? Because these ads for chosen for you and only you. The hijacker monitors your online activities and uses the data to select ads for you. This looks useful, yet, there is a catch. Personally identifiable information may be among the monitored data. Your usernames, passwords and email addresses may be recorded. The problem is, the hijacker will not use this information for marketing purposes only. It will sell every bit of data to third parties. What will you do if this data ends up in the hands of a hacker? You may lose money or become a victim of identity theft. This is reason enough to remove Npasre immediately. However, if you are not convinced, we have even more arguments against this tool. Every ad displayed by this application may be corrupted. Hackers often use browser hijackers to spread malicious ads and links. There is no way to tell which advertisements are corrupted and which are not. If you click on a corrupted one, a virus or other malware will be downloaded directly to your PC. Don’t put up with this madness. Follow our guide or use a trustworthy anti-virus program to remove this malicious app. The sooner it is gone, the better!
How to Remove Npasre virus
The Npasre infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Npasre infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Npasre infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Npasre related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Npasre startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Npasre virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Npasre traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Npasre by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Npasre
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Npasre, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Npasre argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Npasre Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.