Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove NIX Video Player ads? This page includes detailed ads by NIX Video Player Removal instructions!
NIX Video Player is a malicious cyber threat. One with the capabilities to cause quite the mess. That is, unless you act against it ASAP. The program falls under the adware umbrella. It’s a potentially unwanted adware program. And, it’s dangerous, meddlesome, and damaging. The more time it spends on your system, the worse your situation gets. So, experts advise towards its prompt removal. Once you become aware of its presence, act against it! It is NOT worth keeping. Once it invades, and settles on your PC, it spreads it clutches throughout. You first notice its influences with your browsing. Every single move you make online gets interrupted. You get redirected, and flooded with ads. How come? Well, it’s all for profit. Oh, yes. The infection bombards you with intrusions with the goal to make money off of you. Let’s explain. NIX Video Player is ad-supported. That means, if it’s to continue its operations, it has to generate revenue. To do so, it messes with your browsing by forcing sites and ads on you. Web traffic, and pay-per-click profits ensure the adware’s existence. Everything, it throws at you, is unreliable. Click nothing! If you press a single pop-up, or link, you WILL worsen your situation. So, don’t. Do your best to avoid the continuous intrusions. And, you best believe they are continuous. The adware intrudes every single time you attempt to surf the web. Going online turns into a nightmarish experience. Don’t put yourself through that. Don’t endure. Get rid of the malicious program as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Find where NIX Video Player lurks. Then, delete it.
How did I get infected with?
NIX Video Player turns to the usual antics to invade. The infection resorts to the old but gold methods. That includes, hiding behind corrupted links or sites. Posing as a bogus system or program update. Like, Adobe Flash Player or Java. Or, the most common means of invasion, freeware. It provides, arguably, the easiest way into your system. That’s because, for reasons unknown, users throw caution to the wind when installing it. They don’t bother to do their due diligence. But choose to rely on luck. Instead of reading the terms and conditions, they say YES to everything in blind faith. That’s a colossal mistake. One with severe repercussions. Know what you agree to allow into your system! Don’t give into naivety and haste! Choose caution over carelessness! One helps to keep infections away. The other opens your PC to them. Make sure to apply extra attention, when dealing with anything, you get off the web. It’s a dangerous place. Don’t underestimate the dangers that lurk there. Vigilance is the way to go.
Why is this dangerous?
NIX Video Player floods you with pop-up messages, aimed to fool you. The tool tries to convince you to act against your best interest. The pop-up alert, you’ll get to see most of all, reads the following. “Please install NIX Video Player (Recommended).” Or, “Please install NIX Video Player to continue.” These messages show up, non-stop! Open a new tab? They’re there to greet you. Type in a search? They appear once again. And, as explained, you don’t only see these messages. You get an array of pop-up, in-text, and banner ads. You get redirected to a myriad of suspicious-looking sites. It’s a mess. And, believe that, everything you see, is untrustworthy. So, click nothing! Or, you may set yourself up for further grievances. And, as obnoxious and annoying as these intrusions are, they pale in comparison. The absolute worst part of having adware, is the security threat. The infection takes aim at your personal and financial details. And, make no mistake! Given enough time, it WILL succeed! The NIX Video Player adware WILL get a hold of your private life. And, then, hand it over to the people, who published it. Are you willing to trust cyber criminals with your personal and financial data? Or, would you rather keep it private? Don’t let your information get stolen and exposed. Delete the malicious program at once.
How to Remove NIX Video Player virus
The NIX Video Player infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the NIX Video Player infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down NIX Video Player in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate NIX Video Player startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean NIX Video Player virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean NIX Video Player traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the NIX Video Player by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by NIX Video Player
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for NIX Video Player, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove NIX Video Player argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove NIX Video Player Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.