Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Maps Voyage ads? This page includes detailed ads by Maps Voyage Removal instructions!
Maps Voyage has been categorized as an adware-type infection. Hence, forget all about its bogus functionalities right away. This program was never really supposed to enhance your online experience. On the other hand, its one purpose is to flood your PC screen with unwanted, sponsored pop-ups. As long as Maps Voyage is present, it will cause a pile of commercials. That is just the first of many malicious traits the virus exhibits. Unless you’re willing to see its full potential unleashed, take measures ASAP. Adware is notoriously irritating and obsessive. The Maps Voyage virus is a typical representative of this dangerous family of parasites. It works in silence and messes with your default browser settings. Neither your permission nor consent is in any way involved. One thing you should know about adware parasites – they bypass your preferences. Now that you’re stuck with the Maps Voyage parasite, your very own browsing activities are no longer up to you. They are up to the infection’s greedy developers. It goes without saying hackers gain profit out of modifying your browser settings. Maps Voyage adds an extension or a plugin to all your browsers. Once that is complete, the pop-ups begin to harass you. Keep in mind the advertisements get generated by a parasite. They are anything but reliable so clicking them can’t end well. Are you familiar with the pay-per-click mechanism? Unfortunately, hackers are. They use this technique to gain effortless revenue at your expense. In other words, you become a sponsor of crooks by keeping the adware on your PC. However, why would you agree yo support the illegal business of cyber criminals? You have nothing to gain out of tolerating Maps Voyage. You do have quite a lot to lose, though. The virus might serve as a back door to more infections. It also causes your browsers to redirect you to some unknown, unsafe pages. Instead of generating harmless commercials, the parasite only displays sponsored, dubious ads. Long story short, this nuisance has to go.
How did I get infected with?
We assume that you never gave green light to the virus. Parasites usually prefer using stealthy methods such as freeware/shareware bundling. Therefore, the most likely explanation is that Maps Voyage was bundled. This is perhaps the most popular malware distribution method. As you can see, it is both stealthy and simple. Quite a combination. Unless you pay close attention to what you download, you might compromise your own security. That is why you should take your time in the process. Opt for the Custom/Advanced option in the Setup Wizard and be cautious. Remember that hackers are full of ideas when it comes to spreading infections online. You need to watch out for additional programs in the bundles you install. Stay away from unverified websites and software. Also, restrain yourself from opening the spam emails or messages you may receive. This is yet another efficient malware infiltration tactic so be careful.
Why is this dangerous?
This infection takes over all your browsers. It causes them to freeze and/or crash on occasions. As mentioned, the infamous Maps Voyage pop-ups cover all websites you visit too. There is no getting rid of the sponsored commercials this pest generates. Avoid clicking these pop-ups because they could turn out to be corrupted and harmful. Maps Voyage works just fine with all three of the most commonly used browsers. It modifies Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You are now unable to surf the Web at peace, let alone find what you search for. The infection could bring along some fake software updates or other dubious third-party links. Maps Voyage spies on your browsing-related data as well. The adware-type virus might steal your usernames/passwords/email-addresses. Hackers get free access to your browsing history but they might steal some bank account data too. In order not to get involved in some nasty financial scam or identity theft, take measures. The Maps Voyage parasite causes nothing but trouble and ruins your everyday online experience. To delete this program manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Maps Voyage virus
The Maps Voyage infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Maps Voyage infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Maps Voyage in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Maps Voyage startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Maps Voyage virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Maps Voyage traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Maps Voyage by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Maps Voyage
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Maps Voyage, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Maps Voyage argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Maps Voyage Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.