Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Lonlingdom.cool hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Lonlingdom.cool Removal instructions!
Are you getting redirected to Lonlingdom.cool, all the time? Do you see the page everywhere, non-stop? Has it become a constant online companion? If that’s the case, be wary. You’re in a heap of trouble. There’s a browser hijacker, lurking on your computer. That’s right. The infection managed to slither its way into your PC, undetected. And, chose to reveal itself via the website. So, consider Lonlingdom.cool a big, bright sign. One that screams ‘Danger!’ And, you best believe that’s what awaits you. Hijackers are notorious cyber threats. They’re meddlesome, malicious and menacing. After one sneaks into your system, corruption ensues. And, you face a multitude of grievances. You encounter issues on a daily basis. Issues that only seem to worsen with time. Let that sink in. The more time the hijacker remains, the worse your predicament gets. So, do yourself a favor. Cut its stay as short as you can! The sooner you find its hiding place, the faster you can delete it. And, its prompt removal is the best course of action, you can take. Take it NOW!
How did I get infected with?
Do you recall installing the hijacker? Do you remember saying YES to its admission? Well, odds are, you don’t. But, fact is, you did. It may seem confusing, so let’s explain. Hijackers have to ask you if you agree to install them. Only if you do, can they continue with admission. The same rules apply for the tool, using Lonlingdom.cool as a face. The application has to seek your consent on its entry. And, it did. Only not how you imagine it. The thing is, hijackers do have to ask for your approval on their access. But they don’t have to do it outright. So, they don’t. Instead, they do the opposite. They turn to trickery and deceit. Yes, they still seek your permission. But they’re sneaky. To assist their sneakiness, they turn to the old but gold invasive methods. That includes, freeware, fake updates, spam emails. The usual antics. There’s a plethora of methods, the infection can resort to. But, no matter the method, its success is up to you. You’re the last line of defense. Regardless of how sneaky the hijacker is, if you’re vigilant, you can spot it. You can catch it in the act of attempting invasion, and prevent it. But, if you’re not, that’s it. You end up with a dreadful cyber threat. And, that’s what the tool counts on. It relies on your carelessness. It needs your distraction, gullibility, ad haste. Do NOT oblige! Don’t ease its infiltration! Be thorough enough to spot it, and foil its attempts. Choose caution over carelessness. Even a little extra attention can save you a ton of troubles. Always take the time to do your due diligence. It goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
Lonlingdom.cool appears everywhere. No matter what you do online, the site shows up. Open a new tab? It’s there. Type a search? It’s among the results. It even replaces your default homepage and search engine. You get redirected, non-stop. Also, you get flooded with ads of every variety. Pop-up, in-text, banner. It’s a swarm, every type you go online. And, of course, each ad is “Powered by Lonlingdom.cool.” Or, “Brought to you by Lonlingdom.cool.” You get the point. The website becomes an integral part of your browsing experience. Do you know what else does, too? Frequent system crashes. Continuous lagging. Surfing the web turns into a nightmare. But that’s not even the worst part of having a hijacker. These are the minor inconveniences. The worst issue, you encounter, regards your privacy. The hijacker tries to steal your private information. So, it can, then, expose it to the strangers that published it. Make no mistake. Given enough time on your computer, it will fulfill its thieving agenda. It’s up to you whether you’ll stand by, and allow its success. Or, take actions to prevent it. Make up your mind, but do it fast. Time is not on your side.
How to Remove Lonlingdom.cool virus
The Lonlingdom.cool infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Lonlingdom.cool infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Lonlingdom.cool related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Lonlingdom.cool startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Lonlingdom.cool virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Lonlingdom.cool traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Lonlingdom.cool by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Lonlingdom.cool
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Lonlingdom.cool, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Lonlingdom.cool argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Lonlingdom.cool Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.