Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Idea Plus hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Idea Plus Removal instructions!
If pop-ups “Powered by Idea Plus” cover your screen every time you so much as touch your browser, the news is bad. Your web browser is infected. A browser hijacker lurks in the shadows of your OS and wreaks advertising havoc. Brace yourself! You are stuck with a menace. The intruder follows programming to meddle with your browsing activities and to bombard you with unreliable ads. The Idea Plus pop-ups are just the beginning of an ad invasion. The hijacker inserts various banners on every website you visit, loads notifications, pauses your videos for commercial breaks. And it doesn’t stop here! This menace also loads sponsored websites in new tabs, as well as turns random text into hyperlinks. Click nothing, of course. The hijacker has no filters nor security mechanisms. Its ads often redirect web traffic to deceptive and scam websites. The “Brought to you by Idea Plus” ads arise unwarranted expectations at best. At worst, they lure people into sharing sensitive information, subscribing to overpriced services, or downloading malware. Don’t risk falling into online traps. Remove the hijacker. That’s your best course of action, so don’t waste time in debates. Find where the hijacker hides and delete it for good!
How did I get infected with?
A browser hijacker lurks behind the Idea Plus pop-up ads. This parasite infects your browser and ruins your user experience. Don’t, however, imagine cyber-attacks. The hijacker is not an ingenious virus. It is an app with many limitations. It, for example, can’t get installed without the user’s approval. That’s right: no permission, no admission! The hijacker needs you to approve its access. As you can imagine, of course, this trickster knows how to ask. It does so in the sneakiest, most deceitful way possible. The hijacker steals your “yes” through bundles, fake updates, corrupted links, and pirated software. It hides in the fine print and infects your device when you let your guard down. Don’t make its job easier! The hijacker prays on your naivety. Your diligence, on the other hand, prevents its tricks from succeeding. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. Make the right decision: choose caution over carelessness. Always take the time to do your part! Don’t visit shady websites. Download software and updates from reputable (preferably official) sources only. And, of course, don’t skip installation steps. Opt for the advanced/custom setup wizard. Deselect the bonus software and go through the terms and conditions. Don’t hesitate to abort an installation process if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
The Idea Plus pop-up ads flood your browser and ruin your user experience. They are annoying and irritating. They are, however, also your warning. If you take a close look at them, you’ll realize the true nature of the hijacker’s corruption. You are under surveillance! The parasite doesn’t waste time with random ads but bases its ad selection on the websites you visit the links you follow, the videos you watch. This menace studies your browsing habits and uses your preferences against you. It turns you into an easy target! Do you think that ends well? Do you feel comfortable knowing that any crook out there can use the hijacker and its resources to target you? Do you believe that the parasite collects information for advertising purposes only? Don’t fool yourself! The hijacker exists to generate revenue for its shady operators. These people not only bombard you with ads but also sell your data on the black market. Their unethical practices jeopardize both your security and privacy. Protect yourself! Remove their hijacker before it leaks sensitive details. Take action as soon as the Idea Plus pop-up ads appear. Find where the parasite hides and delete it for good!
How to Remove Idea Plus virus
The Idea Plus infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Idea Plus infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Idea Plus related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Idea Plus startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Idea Plus virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Idea Plus traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Idea Plus by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Idea Plus
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Idea Plus, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Idea Plus argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Idea Plus Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.