Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Iconssliding.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Iconssliding.com Removal instructions!
Are you stuck with the Iconssliding.com virus? You’re stuck with a browser hijacker. Thus, you have to take adequate action as soon as possible and uninstall the parasite. Iconssliding.com follows the classic hijacker pattern. It lies to your face and promises various functionalities. What it delivers, though, has nothing to do with what you were promised. The parasite isn’t going to improve your online experience. Don’t even for a minute forget this is a cyber intruder. You’ve downloaded a sneaky creation of cyber criminals. Trusting the infection would be a terrible mistake and you know it. Iconssliding.com does appear to be legitimate. Its official website also looks rather trustworthy at first glance. If you pay close attention to this page, though, you will notice that Iconssliding.com is light years away from being trusty. Just like all hijackers, this one modifies your default browser settings. This pest messes with both your search engine and browser homepage. Both of them get replaced with the parasite’s questionable domain. You end up stuck with the virus every single time you browse the Web. Or should we say, attempt to browse the Web. It goes without saying that surfing the Internet becomes a very complicated task now that Iconssliding.com is present. This irritating infection forces its dangerous domain on you all the time. Do you know what sort of web links its search engine generates? Sponsored ones. Hackers use the dubious pay-per-click mechanism to make money online. As you could imagine, this is where hijackers come in handy. The virus injects your browsers with sponsored, unsafe web links. It also presents them as perfectly harmless and accurate search results. Remember, nothing displayed by the hijacker is harmless or accurate. You could be absolutely certain some of these web links lead you directly to harmful websites. In the blink of an eye, you may compromise your PC further. How do you prevent it? Stay away from all links brought to you by this misleading infection instead of testing out the limits of your luck. Iconssliding.com also adds a browser extension so you come across sponsored pop-up ads as well. We’re talking discounts, coupons, product deals or offers, price comparisons. Those are just as deceptive as the search results. Do the right thing and tackle the hijacker ASAP.
How did I get infected with?
You never agreed to download this program, did you? Knowing how secretive hijackers are, this comes as no surprise. Iconssliding.com follows the typical infiltration tactics. That means it was probably attached to some freeware/shareware bundle. In case you often install such program packages, you should know how troublesome those might be. It is strongly recommended that you avoid unverified bundles as well as illegitimate pages. Take your time in the installation process too. If there is an unwanted bonus in the bundle, it is your job to deselect it on time. That is only possible if you pay attention. Opt for the Custom or Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. This will allow you to keep an eye out for malicious intruders beforehand. It is a lot easier to prevent installation than to uninstall malware. Do yourself a favor and be cautious. In addition, you should check out the EULA (End User License Agreement) or Terms and Conditions. You must be the one in control of the installation process. If you’re not the one in charge, it might be cyber crooks. Last but not least, stay away from spam messages or email-attachments. Those could turn out to be hiding a whole bunch of infections as well.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker works in silence. It alters your browser settings behind your back so your opinion about your own browsers is irrelevant. As if that wasn’t nasty enough, Iconssliding.com starts redirecting you to random websites. Some of those may be harmful and full of parasites. Also, Iconssliding.com constantly generates sponsored, unreliable web links. It might cover your PC screen with advertisements, third-party commercials and other pop-ups. Unless you’re trying to infect your device further, you will avoid these links. There is no telling which commercial is safe and which one is corrupted. To make sure you don’t worsen your situation, stay away from all ads and search results. There is nothing to lose by deleting this nuisance. On the other hand, there is indeed a lot to gain. Iconssliding.com spies on your browsing-related data such as browsing history and IP addresses. It might get to some sensitive details too. To get rid of the virus manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Iconssliding.com virus
The Iconssliding.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Iconssliding.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Iconssliding.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Iconssliding.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Iconssliding.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Iconssliding.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Iconssliding.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Iconssliding.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Iconssliding.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Iconssliding.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Iconssliding.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Iconssliding.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.