Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Hwcdn.net hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Hwcdn.net Removal instructions!
Browser hijackers are rather unpleasant companions. Once one slithers into your system, it wreaks utter havoc. Its presence on your PC leads to complete disarray. Corruption ensues, following its invasion, and you get flooded with grievances. If the Hwcdn.net page pops up on your screen, you have a hijacker on your PC. The sooner you accept that as fact, the faster you can take action to protect yourself. As well as, your system’s well-being. These infections are horrendous. They invade via slyness and finesse. Then, once inside, make a mess of everything. They spread their clutches throughout, and influence every aspect of your system. Not long after they infiltrate, you begin to suffer the consequences of their stay. The tool, lurking behind Hwcdn.net, is no exception. It sneaks in undetected, then proceeds to spread its nastiness. Don’t put up with the dreadful tool. Do what’s best for you, and your PC, and get rid of it. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, remove the cyber threat. The faster it leaves your system, the better.
How did I get infected with?
The hijacker, behind Hwcdn.net, is sneaky. It manages to invade your PC, while keeping you clueless. And, that’s despite having to seek your permission on its entry. Oh, yes! The infection can’t enter your system, without an exchange taking place first. The tool has to ask if you agree to install it. And, only if you say YES, can it continue. No approval, no access. So, how do you imagine, you gave it? Do you recall doing so? Do you remember the inquiry? Odds are, you don’t. And, that’s not surprising. It’s not as straightforward as you may imagine. It’s quite the contrary. After all, if the hijacker were straightforward, it risks rejection. So, it goes the opposite direction. It’s sly, sneaky, and covert. Yes, it does follow the rules to see your consent. But it does it in the sneakiest way it can. It hides behind corrupted links or sites. Or, hitches a ride with freeware, and spam email attachments. It can also pose as a system or program update. Like, Adobe Flash Player or Java. There are many ways, the tool can trick you. It’s up to you not to allow yourself to get tricked. Always keep your guard up, when allowing anything off the web, into your PC. Read terms and conditions. :earns what you say YES to. Double-check everything. Look for the fine print. You’re the last line of defense. Remember that. Always do your due diligence. Caution keeps infections pout. Haste, naivety, and distraction do not.
Why is this dangerous?
Hwcdn.net turns into the bane of your browsing. It plagues your every online move, like a shadow. Open a new tab? It’s there. Type a search? It’s among the suggested results. No matter what you do, Hwcdn.net is there. The hijacker makes sure of it. It doesn’t miss an opportunity to force the site on you. It even changes your default homepage and search engine. You find Hwcdn.net there, instead. Apart from redirecting you, non-stop, the hijacker also floods you with ads. You get bombarded with banner, in-text, and pop-up advertisements. And, each one is ‘Brought to you by Hwcdn.net.’ But the ever-present page isn’t your biggest grievance. Not by a long shot. Yes, it causes quite the headaches and frustration. But the absolute worst issue, you encounter, concerns your security. The hijacker places your personal and financial information at risk. It has instructions to spy on you, and it begins doing so, after it invades. The tool keeps track of your browsing activities, and records everything. That’s right. It has a record of everything you do online. That means, it has access to your personal and financial data. And, what do you imagine it does with said data? Well, once it steals enough information from you, it exposes it. The infection hands it over to the cyber criminals that unleashed it onto the web. Malicious third parties with questionable agendas. Don’t let them get their hands on your sensitive details! Don’t allow the infection to fulfill its programming. Get rid of it the first chance you get. And, protect yourself, and your system’s well-being.
How to Remove Hwcdn.net virus
The Hwcdn.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Hwcdn.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Hwcdn.net related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Hwcdn.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Hwcdn.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Hwcdn.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Hwcdn.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Hwcdn.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Hwcdn.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Hwcdn.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Hwcdn.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.