Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Havij.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Havij.exe is bad news. A Trojan horse uses this process name to camouflage itself. If you notice unusual computer behavior, if this process causes errors, brace yourself. Your computer is no longer free of infections. A nasty intruder lurks in the shadows of your OS and wreaks havoc. The virus is a nightmare. It throws its victims into a whirlwind of reshuffles. Once on board, the Trojan wastes no time and drops its malicious files, alters settings, and starts processes. It corrupts your entire system. This, of course, happens with no noticeable symptoms. You can’t catch the virus in time to prevent the infection. Everything changes, though, when the virus calls your OS “home.” The Trojan messes with essential directories and is likely to cause program malfunctions and errors. You might also experience system underperformance and crashes. Your online experience also gets affected. You get flooded with various ads. Coupons and discounts pop up out of the blue. Commercials pause your videos. Questionable websites load in new tabs. The Trojan makes a mess out of your computer. Do not put up with this situation. The longer you tolerate the invader, the worse your predicament gets. Heed the experts’ advice and remove the virus ASAP! As soon as you notice the Havij.exe process, take action. Find where the intruder hides and delete it upon detection!
How did I get infected with?
A Trojan horse starts the Havij.exe process. As for the intruder – it sneaks into your computer when you let your guard down. The thing about Trojan horses is that they rarely infect their victims through brute force attacks. More often than not, they sneak into your PC through deception. The virus lurks in the shadows and waits for you to make a mistake. It hides in fake updates, corrupted links, spam messages, and pirated software. It attacks when you throw caution to the wind. Don’t make its job easier! No anti-virus app can protect you if you give into naivety. Only your action can prevent infections! So, choose caution over carelessness. Even a little extra attention goes a long, long way! Don’t visit unreliable websites. Download software and updates from reliable sources only. And be very careful with your inbox. Whether it’s an instant message or an email, treat all unexpected messages as potential threats. Always take a minute to verify the senders. If, for example, you receive an email from an organization, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the questionable one. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. You can also enter the suspicious addresses into a search engine. If they were used for questionable activities, someone might have complained online.
Why is this dangerous?
The appearance of the Havij.exe process indicates trouble. Your computer harbors a nasty Trojan. The sneaky parasite affects every aspect of your user experience. It makes your system sluggish, floods your browser with ads, and causes errors. The virus might force you to reboot your PC repeatedly. A simple restart, however, won’t fix your problems. The Trojan loads together with your OS and is always running in the background. And if you are not sure, that’s dangerous! Do not underestimate the situation. You are dealing with a Trojan horse. These viruses are the most feared type of cyber infection. They are meddling, highly destructive, and unpredictable. No one can tell you what the future holds for your computer. The virus behind the Havij.exe process weakens your defense system and opens your PC to numerous threats. The hackers can use this virus to further corrupt your OS, to spy on you, to steal sensitive information, to corrupt/delete your files. Do not waste time in debates. The appearance of the Havij.exe process is your clue: your PC is compromised and no longer trustworthy. Both your privacy and security are jeopardized. Acknowledge that you’ve fallen victim of a virus and take immediate action. Remove the Trojan before it gets a chance to cause you harm! The sooner you clean your computer, the better!
Manual Havij.exe Removal Instructions
The Havij.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Havij.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Havij.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Havij.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Havij.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Havij.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Havij.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Havij.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.