Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Havenotifyfriends.info ads? This page includes detailed ads by Havenotifyfriends.info Removal instructions!
“Waiting for Havenotifyfriends.info,” “Transferring data from Havenotifyfriends.info,” “Connecting to Havenotifyfriends.info.” You know these annoying messages. As soon as they appear in your browser’s status bar, questionable websites pop up. The news is bad. This unusual browser behavior is triggered by a parasite. Somewhere in the shadows of your OS, an adware invader lurks. The good news is that you are not dealing with a virus. The adware is an aggressive ad-generating menace which corrupts your web browsers only. Sadly, the parasite is not harmless. It is quite capable of getting you in serious trouble. The adware opens your browsers to surveillance and targeted ads. The parasite studies your browsing habits and uses the collected data as a base for questionable ad targeting. Do not underestimate the situation. The adware has no security mechanisms. Its ads do look appealing, but they are likely deceptive. Click nothing! Everything “Powered by Havenotifyfriends.info” is unreliable. Do not put yourself through advertising torture. Remove the adware before it gets the chance to drown you in a sea of ads. The more time you tolerate the adware, the worse your predicaments get. So, don’t waste time in debates. Find where the parasite hides and delete it upon detection! Clean your OS for good!
How did I get infected with?
How did I get infected with?
The Havenotifyfriends.info adware doesn’t target individual users. No, this parasite is not that advanced. It employs mass distribution strategies to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. The key word here is “potential.” The thing about the adware parasites is that they need your (the user’s) approval to get installed. No permission, no admission! That’s the rule. If you pay attention to the fine print, you can deny them access. If you give into naivety, however, you are likely to install them. Do not make that mistake. No anti-virus app can protect you if you throw caution to the wind. Only your vigilance can keep your PC secure and virus-free. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. So, don’t be lazy. Always take the time to do your due diligence. Download software from reliable sources only. When installing programs, pay attention to the fine print. Don’t skip steps. More often than not, the free apps we download off the Web come bundled with bonus software. If you rush through their installation, you might install malicious extras. Don’t give into naivety. Choose caution over carelessness. Forget about the “Next-Next-Finish” strategy. If available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Under it, you would be able to deselect all suspicious apps. Make sure you know what you install. Read the terms and conditions before you agree to them. If you cannot spare enough time to read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Opt out of the installation if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
The Havenotifyfriends.info adware is a complete and utter menace. It corrupts your browser and throws you into a whirlwind of adverts. The parasite messes with your every online activity. It injects in-text and banner ads on every website you visit. Even web pages that used to be ad-free are now heavy on coupons and discounts. No ad-blocking tool is powerful enough to stop the ad invasion. Pop-ups appear out of the blue. Your videos get paused for commercial breaks. Questionable websites load in new tabs. You can barely get any work done. The numerous adverts interrupt your every activity. And as if that’s not irritating enough, but their great number burdens your browser. The aggressive adware takes a toll on your OS. It makes your computer slow and unresponsive. You face frequent freezing and crashes. Do not put yourself through this torture. You won’t gain anything. You, however, are likely to lose a lot. The Havenotifyfriends.info adware might steal sensitive data. This parasite spies on you from day one. It knows what search queries you make what videos you watch, what websites you visit. The Incognito mode cannot hide you. The adware knows everything! And if you are not careful, it might record personal and financial details. Do not take unnecessary risks! Protect yourself and your privacy. Delete the adware ASAP! That’s your best course of action!
How to Remove Havenotifyfriends.info virus
The Havenotifyfriends.info infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Havenotifyfriends.info infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Havenotifyfriends.info in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Havenotifyfriends.info startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Havenotifyfriends.info virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Havenotifyfriends.info traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Havenotifyfriends.info by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Havenotifyfriends.info
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Havenotifyfriends.info, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Havenotifyfriends.info argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Havenotifyfriends.info Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.