Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Fb.com-directory.co ads? This page includes detailed ads by Fb.com-directory.co Removal instructions!
Do you see pop-ups provided by Fb.com-directory.co? Be warned. These messages are fake. The Fb.com-directory.co website is a part of an online scam. The bogus website pretends to be a legitimate Facebook survey. In exchange for your time, the website promises gifts. Don’t be fooled by such a low-class deception. At the end of the “survey,” you will be asked to verify that you are human. You will be asked to reveal personal information (name, phone number, email address, credit card details etc). Do not disclose sensitive information. You are dealing with criminals. Close the Fb.com-directory.co website immediately. If it reappears, you might have a bigger problem. These browser redirections are caused by a malicious ah-generating program (adware). Yes, that is right. Your computer is infected. The adware uses aggressive and misleading marketing strategies to turn you from a visitor into a customer. This parasite infects your web browser and uses it as an ad-displaying program. The adware injects various commercials on every website you open. It can also redirect your web traffic to third-party pages. The owners of the furtive app will get paid for every advert you click on. These people don’t care about your privacy and security. Their adware does not verify what kind of content is promoted via its services. Anyone willing to pay can use the adware to promote. All sorts of crooks take advantage. They use the application to redirect unprepared users to online scams. Like the Fb.com-directory.co fake survey. The adware is too hazardous to be kept on board. This survey scam did not fool you. Yet, there will be a next time. Don’t rely on your luck. Take action against the adware.
How did I get infected with?
The Fb.com-directory.co adware did not appear by itself. This utility, as sneaky as it is, is nothing but a PC app. Like any other app, the adware needs your permission to be installed. Yet, it doesn’t need to be straightforward about it. This utility asked you in the sneakiest way possible. Be careful when you install applications. If you are offered an advanced installation option, by all means, select it. Under it, you will be given the opportunity to see and deselect all “bonus” programs that are also to be installed. These extra programs always fail to properly disclose their functions. More often than not, they are malicious. Do not rush. Take your time to research the apps online and/or to read The Terms and Conditions/End User License Agreement. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. You let the Fb.com-directory.co hijacker infects your machine once. Do not make the same mistake ever again. Other malware distribution methods include the good old spam emails, torrents, and fake software updates. Your caution can prevent these techniques from succeeding. Always do your due diligence.
Why is this dangerous?
The Fb.com-directory.co adware has no place on your computer. This app injects dozens and dozens of advertisements on every website you visit. It can ruin your browsing experience in seconds. You should not put up with that. Yet, your comfort is not the only thing that is at stake. The adware jeopardizes your privacy and security. This utility spies on you. It knows what you do online. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you from the adware. The furtive app uses the collected information for better ad-targeting. Yet, there is a catch. Anyone willing to spend some money can promote with the adware. The adware actually makes the crooks’ job easier. If they pay, they can use the adware to target you with customized marketing campaigns. These people target your money. One way or another. They will expose you to misleading and deceptive adverts. They may redirect you to bogus websites. You may even end up on an infected website. With the Fb.com-directory.co adware you are far more likely to be redirected to scam pages than to legit ones. Remove it before it causes serious damage!
How to Remove Fb.com-directory.co virus
The Fb.com-directory.co infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Fb.com-directory.co infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Fb.com-directory.co in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Fb.com-directory.co startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Fb.com-directory.co virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Fb.com-directory.co traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Fb.com-directory.co by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Fb.com-directory.co
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Fb.com-directory.co, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Fb.com-directory.co argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Fb.com-directory.co Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.