Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Eversearches.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Eversearches.com Removal instructions!
On theory, Eversearches.com is the perfect search engine. It promises to provide you accurate results and improve your online experience drastically. However, we wouldn’t be writing this article if eversearches.com was as great as it was supposed to be. On practice, this is a nasty browser hijacker that has nothing but trouble to offer. Hijackers are an immensely annoying cyber pest. Have you had to deal with such a virus so far? Take your time to check out today’s article. When it comes to infections, hackers are very well-informed. Are you? To learn all you need to know about the parasite, please keep on reading. The thing with hijackers is, they don’t appear to be dangerous. The eversearches.com virus pretends to be a safe program in order to trick you into keeping it on board. Does having an infection on your machine sound like a good idea, though? It could be a terrible mistake so do not let crooks fool you. As soon as you encounter eversearches.com’s unwanted presence, you have to take action. This program targets your browsers. It firstly modifies your default search engine and browser homepage. Both get replaced with the parasite’s domain. In addition, you’ll notice a brand new extension added to your browsers. All your browsers. Hijackers are particularly irritating and, being a typical hijacker, eversearches.com is no different. This nuisance starts harassing you every single time you attempt to surf the Web. Now that your browser settings are altered, you can’t get rid of eversearches.com. Its dubious search engine greets you on a daily basis. Furthermore, it only generates one quite specific category of search results. Sponsored results. In other words, the virus aims at helping its developers gain profit online. Crooks use the pay-per-click mechanism to make money at your expense. That’s why your browsers get sneakily modified. The hijacker injects them with sponsored web links which allows hackers to gain revenue. That gives you two valid reasons to stay away from anything displayed by this parasite. Number one – you’d be sponsoring the malicious business of cyber criminals. Number two – a sponsored link could be leading you directly to malware. You could easily worsen your already problematic situation by trusting the parasite’s misleading web links. Eversearches.com must be immediately uninstalled.
How did I get infected with?
Not many PC users agree to compromise their security. Then how did this infection manage to land on board? Hijackers mainly rely on stealth and deceit to get spread on the Web. For example, the most commonly used virus infiltration technique is called freeware bundling. Crooks can’t ignore the popularity of programs bundles. You see, all they have to do is attach a certain “bonus” program to the bundle. If you rush the installation, you do the rest of the job. We’d strongly recommend that you take your time in the process. Don’t get tempted into skipping steps because that would not save you any time. Having to uninstall an infection is indeed a much more troublesome task. Save yourself the hassle and watch out for malware in advance. Opting for the custom option in the Setup Wizard is a very effective way to make sure no parasites get installed alongside the software you want. Remember, the Internet is filled with various infections. It’s entirely up to you whether your computer system will remain virus-free. Also, avoid installing unverified programs as those may turn out to be corrupted. Last but not least, some parasites could travel the Web via fake software updates, bogus torrents and malicious third-party pop-ups.
Why is this dangerous?
Hijackers take over your everyday online experience. Not only are you left unable to surf the Web but using your PC becomes problematic too. Due to the presence of eversearches.com on board, your machine underperforms. It begins to crash/freeze on occasions and your Internet connection might become unstable. In addition to that, your browsers are covered with sponsored, unreliable web links. The hijacker could also start generating pop-up ads and other commercials. That means eversearches.com overall tests out the limits of your patience. The question is, why put up with a cyber parasite? Instead of letting hackers gain profit by messing with your browsers, delete their infection. There’s no reason to hesitate. Eversearches.com also redirects you and even spies on your private browsing-related data. To delete this pest manually, please follow our detailed removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Eversearches.com virus
The Eversearches.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Eversearches.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Eversearches.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Eversearches.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Eversearches.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Eversearches.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Eversearches.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Eversearches.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Eversearches.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Eversearches.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Eversearches.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Eversearches.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.