Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Error Code 0x214aL ads? This page includes detailed ads by Error Code 0x214aL Removal instructions!
The “Error Code 0x214aL” pop-ups are a sign that your machine isn’t virus-free anymore. Yes, at some point in the recent past your safety was compromised. Luckily, what you’re stuck with is a relatively harmless type of parasite. You have an adware-type infection currently on your machine. Compared to some other cyber viruses, adware is much less worrisome. The Web is filled with secretive Trojan horses and aggressive ransomware infections. Hence, you’ve download one program that is more annoying than harmful. Of course, that shouldn’t give you a reason to overlook the threat. All kinds of parasites could get out of hand eventually. If you tolerate the infection for too long, things will get ugly. The virus could serve as a back door to malware which means it could worsen your situation drastically. In additional, your entire PC system has trouble now that an infection is present. Even your privacy might be jeopardized because the virus spies on your browsing-related data. However, the first malicious trait you’ll notice are the pop-ups. The “Error Code 0x214aL” warnings and alerts cover your PC screen on a daily basis. As you could imagine, there is a reason for that. It’s quite a simple scheme, actually. As soon as the parasite lands on board, it modifies your browsers. As a result, it injects them with the “Error Code 0x214aL” pop-ups. However, all these alerts and messages have one thing in common. They are all fake. You have a nasty cyber parasite on your machine, remember? Nothing it generates could be possibly considered safe. After all, adware doesn’t get developed to be beneficial for you. Therefore, this program isn’t going to take care of your online experience. It only attempts to convince you that your computer is infested with malware. According to the pop-ups, you’ve installed a huge variety of infections. Conveniently enough, all these programs are supposed to be extremely dangerous. Why are hackers so stubborn to bombard you with the “Error Code 0x214aL” alerts? Because, on theory, you need to pay for some anti-malware software or service to fix the issues. There are no issues to be fixed, though. Bear that in mind. The only thing you should be worried about is the tricky adware-type pest. This program might also start redirecting you to random websites. To top it all, it spies on your sensitive information. Long story short, this troublesome infection must be immediately uninstalled.
How did I get infected with?
Nobody agrees to infect their computer systems. That leads us to some stealthy infiltration methods parasites apply. The adware was most likely bundled with other programs. You see, pretty much all sorts of parasites travel the Web via freeware or shareware bundles. To protect your safety, stay away from illegitimate websites and the unverified programs offered there. You might easily download a whole bunch of cyber intruders in the blink of an eye. Instead, make sure you pay close attention to what you’re about to download. Skipping installation steps exposes your device to infections. Hence, we’d recommend that you opt for the Custom or Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. This could save you some serious headache later on. Your caution will eventually pay off so don’t be reckless. Take your time so you don’t have to deal with infections afterwards. Another rule of thumb is to check out the Terms and Conditions. The same thing goes for the EULA (End User License Agreement). It is always better to prevent installation than to remove malware. Do the right thing and watch out for intruders. You certainly won’t regret it.
Why is this dangerous?
The “Error Code 0x214aL” pop-ups are deceptive. These misleading alerts get displayed so you could get scammed. As mentioned, hackers try to trick you into paying for useless programs or services. Restrain yourself from contacting cyber criminals because they aren’t taking care of your safety. If anything, they are only interested in gaining questionable profit online. You do not have to participate in their trickery, though. Ignore these aggravating pop-ups and do not become a sponsor of hackers’ malicious business. Otherwise, you’d be giving your money away solving non-existent problems. The “Error Code 0x214aL” fake alerts could involve in a nasty cyber fraud. That is why you have to tackle the infection right away. Also, you should protect your privacy as the adware could steal some personal information. For instance, your bank account data. To delete this nuisance manually, please keep on reading. You will find our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Error Code 0x214aL virus
The Error Code 0x214aL infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Error Code 0x214aL infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Error Code 0x214aL infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Error Code 0x214aL in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Error Code 0x214aL startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Error Code 0x214aL virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Error Code 0x214aL traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Error Code 0x214aL by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Error Code 0x214aL
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Error Code 0x214aL, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Error Code 0x214aL argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Error Code 0x214aL Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.