Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Ecoencomputer ads? This page includes detailed ads by Ecoencomputer Removal instructions!
An adware application infiltrated your system. It goes by the name of Ecoencomputer, and it’s trouble. These types of tools pose grave danger your way. They’re a threat to both your system’s well-being, and yourself. Yes, they jeopardize your private information. The adware follows programming to spy on you. As soon as it invades, it begins to keep track of your actions. It monitors and records every online move you make. When it deems it has collected sufficient data, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the unknown individuals, responsible for its release. Let that sink in for a moment. A nasty infection slithers its way into your PC. It spies on your browsing, and records everything you do. And, when it determines it has stolen enough information, exposes it. To strangers with agendas, no less. The question is, will you allow that? Or, would you rather, avoid the risks the dangerous infection places upon you? Do what’s best, and pick the latter. Don’t take the unnecessary gamble of keeping the hazardous tool. Get rid of Ecoencomputer the first chance you get. It’s the best course of action, you can take. So, take it ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
Ecoencomputer fooled you into approving its installment. Yes, you may not recall it, but you did. The application sought your permission on its admission, and you gave it. Remember it or not, it did happen. No adware can enter a user’s computer unless said user allows it. An exchange has to take place. But don’t think it’s a straightforward one. In actuality, it’s anything but. After all, if an infection outright asked if you agree to install it, you’d say NO. Wouldn’t you? To avoid getting denied, the tool turns to trickery. There’s a plethora of methods, it can resort to, when it comes to fooling you. It can hitch a ride with spam email attachments. Or, lurk behind corrupted sites or links. It can poise as a false system or program update. Like, Adobe Flash Player or Java. But, the most likely method it used, is freeware. It provides, arguably, the easiest entry point. That’s because, users are pretty careless, when installing freeware. They give into naivety and distraction. They rush, and leave their fate to chance. Instead of taking the time to be thorough, they rely on luck. The infection counts on that. It counts on you to choose carelessness over caution. Your lack of vigilance eases its covert invasion. Do you want that? Do you want to end up with a threat, like Ecoencomputer? Follow experts advice, and always take the time to do your due diligence. It goes a long way. And, even a little extra attention can save you from dealing with a ton of troubles. Make the wise choice, and choose caution! Carelessness is a one-way street to infections. Caution helps to keep them out of your PC.
Why is this dangerous?
After Ecoencomputer gains entry to your system, be wary. You’re in for quite the unpleasant experience. Your grievances tend to manifest with your browsing first. One day, you come to find, your default homepage and search engine switched. In their place, is Ecoencomputer.com. You didn’t approve the change nor were you aware of it. Yet, it’s fact. And, that same page begins to pop up everywhere. It’s there, when you open a new tab. It’s among the suggested results, when you type a search. Each ad, you see is “Brought to you by Ecoencomputer.com.” And, you see a lot of ads. It’s called ‘adware’ for a reason. The infection puts you through a bombardment of advertisements. Pop-up, in-text, banner. Going online becomes a nightmare. Your system starts to suffer crashes all the time. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl. Ecoencomputer makes quite the mess. And, the longer you prolong its stay, the worse it will get. So, cut it as short as possible. Once you become aware of its existence, act towards its prompt removal. Don’t delay for delays have repercussions. Act against the nasty adware fast.
How to Remove Ecoencomputer virus
The Ecoencomputer infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Ecoencomputer infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Ecoencomputer in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Ecoencomputer startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Ecoencomputer virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Ecoencomputer traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Ecoencomputer by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Ecoencomputer
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Ecoencomputer, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Ecoencomputer argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Ecoencomputer Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.