Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove EasyZip Tab hijacker virus? This page includes detailed EasyZip Tab Removal instructions!
EasyZip Tab browser extension promises to turn your web browser into file compressor for free. It sounds great, yet, there is a catch. The app is a pretender. It lures you into installing it; once it gets on your system, however, it reveals its true face. EasyZip Tab is a browser hijacker. It alters your browser’s settings and locks the changes. The hijacker replaces both your homepage and default search engine. It might also install toolbars and additional extensions. No matter what you try, you cannot restore your preferences. The parasite forces numerous reshuffles on you. You can barely recognize your browser. Everything seems different. Your browsing experience is also affected. Every web page you load is covered in adverts. Even previously ad-free websites are now heavy on coupons and discounts. Your favorite websites barely load due to the dozens of ads that loading alongside. That’s right. It’s the hijacker. This parasite forces these advertisements on you. It gets paid when you click on them, so it floods your browser with them. This parasite knows no boundaries. It even pauses your online videos for commercial breaks. This invader doesn’t miss a chance to interfere with your web browsing. If you, however, refuse to click on the ads, it becomes even more aggressive. The EasyZip Tab hijacker starts browser redirection. It loads sponsored websites in new tabs and windows. Do you feel safe knowing that this pest can open any website out there? Don’t risk ending up on dangerous websites. Your best course of action is the immediate removal of the hijacker. The sooner you remove this pest, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The EasyZip Tab hijacker is not an ingenious virus. This parasite cannot hack your system. It uses tricks to sneak in behind your back. The hijacker hides in torrents, spam emails, fake updates, and corrupted links. It lurks in the shadows and waits for you to make a mistake. All it needs is one moment of carelessness. The thing about hijackers is that these pests need your approval. No permission, no admission. That’s the rule. As you can imagine, though, there is a catch. You might give that permission unintentionally. Especially if you don’t pay attention to the fine print. The EasyZip Tab hijacker gets installed when you rush through the installation process of a bundle. The so-called software bundles are payload files which install multiple programs simultaneously. More often than not, the apps we download off the web are bundled with “bonus” programs. The extras are usually parasites like the EasyZip Tab hijacker. To prevent the unwanted “bonuses” from installing, opt for the advanced/custom installation option. Under it, you would be able to deselect all unwanted programs. Also, before you click on that “Accept” button, read the terms and conditions. You can, of course, speed up this step by using an online EULA analyzer. If you notice anything suspicious, abort the setup process immediately. Do not throw caution to the wind. Always take the time to do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
EasyZip Tab has no place on your computer. This parasite is a complete and utter menace. It interferes with your every online activity. It doesn’t matter whether you type a search query or watch a video, the parasite is always there to annoy you. Its aggressive nature, however, is not harmless. This parasite causes various issues which vary from browser crashes to security problems. The nasty hijacker gets paid when you click on its adverts. To make sure that you are interested in the provided content, this pest dares spy on you. It monitors your browsing-related data. Do you think that ends well? The hijacker spies on you from the moment it invades. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. The parasite knows your every online move. And when it deems it has enough data, the parasite sends it to a remote server. Anyone willing to pay can access it there. Numerous crooks are more than happy to open their wallets. They use the data to create irresistible ads and target you with them. The crooks show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. The nasty EasyZip Tab hijacker turns you into an easy target. This parasite jeopardizes both your privacy and security. Do not risk falling into an online trap! Clean your system ASAP!
How to Remove EasyZip Tab virus
The EasyZip Tab infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the EasyZip Tab infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down EasyZip Tab related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate EasyZip Tab startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean EasyZip Tab virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean EasyZip Tab traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the EasyZip Tab by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by EasyZip Tab
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for EasyZip Tab, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove EasyZip Tab argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove EasyZip Tab Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.