Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove DanaBot Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
DanaBot is a Trojan infection. It’s a malicious and dangerous cyber threat. If it finds its way into your PC, you’re in trouble. Brace yourself for a multitude of grievances. Issues begin to pop up, not long after infiltration. Once the Trojan invades, it proceeds to spread its corruption. It affects every aspect of your system. The most noticeable one, at first, is your browsing experience. You start to encounter interference of all kind. You get redirected to suspicious sites, and flooded with ads. You can’t make a move, without the infection meddling. Programs, you used to run often, refuse to work right. Lagging becomes a part of your daily routine. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl. Your system crashes all the time. It’s quite the mess. But that’s not even the worst of it. These are the minor inconveniences. You face worse. That is, if you extend the Trojan’s stay. Heed experts’ advice, and don’t. Do what’s best for you, and your PC, and remove the nasty Trojan SAP! The sooner you do, the better. The infection’s extended stay brings nothing but unpleasantness. Its prompt removal ensures your system’s well-being. Make the wise choice. Get rid of the DanaBot threat the first chance you get.
How did I get infected with?
Trojans are pretty masterful in the art of invasion. They use slyness and finesse to slither into your system. And, they not only gain entry, but do so undetected. Yes, they sneak in unnoticed. To achieve that, they resort to the old but gold invasive methods. That includes, the following. The infection can hide behind corrupted links or sites. It can hitch a ride with freeware or, as is most common, spam emails. It’s crucial NOT to open suspicious emails. Or, download any and all attachments, they contain. The Trojan can also pretend to be a system or program update. Like, Java or Adobe Flash Player. There’s a myriad of methods, it can use to sneak in. It’s up to you NOT to allow its success. Infections, like DanaBot prey on carelessness. They need you, the user, to throw caution to the wind. To rush, and give into gullibility. To skip reading terms and conditions, or do any due diligence. The Trojan needs you to say YES to everything in blind faith, and hope for the best. To leave your fate to chance. Don’t oblige! Don’t make its covert invasion easier. Be thorough enough to catch it in the act of attempting invasion. Don’t let it slip by you, unnoticed, and wreak havoc. Caution helps to keep an infection-free PC. The lack thereof does the opposite. Remember that.
Why is this dangerous?
DanaBot doesn’t only mess with your system’s well-being. It doesn’t stop there as its reach extends further. The nasty Trojan takes aim at your privacy. Yes, it follows programming to get a hold of your private data. Let’s elaborate. The tool is set to spy on you from the moment, it invades. It keeps track of your every online move, and records it. When it determines it has collected enough information, proceeds to send it. That’s right. It steals your data and, then, exposes it. It hands it over to the unknown third parties behind it. Cyber criminals with questionable intentions. Are you going to allow that? Are you okay with strangers, having access to your personal and financial details? That will NOT end well! So, don’t allow it. Keep that scenario from unfolding. Protect yourself from the hazardous influences of the Trojan. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, act against it! Do your best to find its exact lurking place, and delete it. DanaBot has no place on your computer.
Manual DanaBot Removal Instructions
The DanaBot infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the DanaBot infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down DanaBot related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate DanaBot startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean DanaBot virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by DanaBot
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for DanaBot, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove DanaBot Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.