Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Crtmatix.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Crtmatix.com Removal instructions!
You must be sick and tired of the Crtmatix.com website. It doesn’t matter what you do, this page always pops up on your screen. Type a search query — it’s among the results. Watch a video — ad-breaks by it! Do as much as touch your browser and the website appears. It seems that this website is your constant online companion. That’s so because your browser is infected. A browser hijacker forces the Crtmatix.com website on you. The parasite lurks somewhere in the corners of your OS. It sneaks into your system unnoticed and wrecks everything. The parasite wastes no time. It spread its corruption throughout. It makes a mess of your browser. The Crtmatix.com pop-ups are just the beginning. The hijacker is an aggressive ad-generating invader. It takes control of your browser so it can bombard you with various advertisements. It injects ads on every web page you load, redirects your traffic to sponsored websites, and even pauses your videos for long commercial breaks. If you think that your situation is unpleasant now, just wait. The parasite gets more and more aggressive with each passing day. It is a complete and utter menace. The more time it spends on your device, the bigger the mess it causes. So, take the appearance of the Crtmatix.com website as a warning and heed it. Act against the hijacker before it gets out of control. The sooner you get rid of the hijacker, the better!
How did I get infected with?
Crtmatix.com appears courtesy of a hijacker. As for the parasite, it sneaks into your system through trickery. It hides in the shadows and waits for you to let your guard down. The hijacker preys on your recklessness. This invader cannot get installed without your, the user’s, approval. Thus, it lures you into installing it unintentionally. No, this is not a bad joke. You let the hijacker on board. You either clicked on a corrupted link, installed a software bundle, or downloaded a fake update. No hijacker can get installed without your approval. Yet, the parasites know how to ask you. They do it in the sneakiest way possible. Learn from your mistakes. No anti-virus app can protect you if you act recklessly. Choose caution over carelessness. One keeps the parasites away, the other — invites them in. Don’t ever let your guard down. Especially when you install programs, browser extension, add-ons, and updates. Forget about the “Next-Next-Finnish” installation strategy. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Pay close attention to the fine print. And don’t even think about skipping the terms and conditions. If you cannot spare enough time to read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Abort the installation if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
Do not underestimate the hijacker behind the Crtmatix.com pop-ups. It is quite hazardous. The parasite wouldn’t have to sneak into your system if it was safe. It uses trickery because no one would install it intentionally. The parasite is very hazardous. It opens your web browser to surveillance and targeted ads. The hijacker follows instructions to spy on you. It studies your browsing habits and uses the collected data for ad-targeting. In theory, if you enter “sneakers” into a search engine, the hijacker would display ads for sports shoes. Don’t get your hopes up, though. The hijacker’s ads are not trustworthy. Quite the contrary — they are potential threats. The sneaky parasite gets paid to display ads, not to verify them. Thus, it’s no surprise that numerous crooks take advantage of the hijacker. They use the collected data to create irresistible adverts. The crooks show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. You might think that you would be safe as long as you don’t click, but that would be a lie. You are not safe! You have no control over your browser. The hijacker redirects your poor program to sponsored websites just as easily as it displays banner ads. It is very likely to redirect you to dangerous websites. Don’t test your luck. As soon as Crtmatix.com pops up, take action. Find where the hijacker lurks, and remove it. Clean your system ASAP!
How to Remove Crtmatix.com virus
The Crtmatix.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Crtmatix.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Crtmatix.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Crtmatix.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Crtmatix.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Crtmatix.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Crtmatix.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Crtmatix.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Crtmatix.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Crtmatix.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Crtmatix.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.