Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Cgkreality hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Cgkreality Removal instructions!
The Cgkreality program is malicious and menacing. It falls under the hijacker umbrella, and is a dreadful companion. The infection uses trickery to gain entry to your system. Then, once inside, wreaks utter havoc. The tool proceeds to spread its corruption, as well as its nasty influences. It doesn’t take long before you notice its touch everywhere. You see the effects of its stay throughout. There isn’t a corner of your PC that goes unaffected. Hijackers are dreadful infections. Once they slither into your system, they make their presence known. In the case of Cgkreality, it announces itself via Cgkreality.com. You begin to see the website everywhere. When you surf the web, open a new tab, do anything at all, it’s there. If you so much as touch your browser, the page pops up. Consider it the hijacker’s grand reveal. It clues you into the infection’s existence. You best accept it as the warning it is. And, heed it! The more you extend the hijacker’s stay, the more you’ll regret it. The program brings NO positives your way. Expect nothing but grievances and headaches. Don’t put up with it. Do what’s best for you, and your PC, and get rid of it. Cgkreality has NO place on your computer. Locate its exact lurking place, and delete it. The faster you remove it, the better. It’s the best course of action, you can take.
How did I get infected with?
Cgkreality uses slyness and subtlety to sneak in. And, it not only manages that, but does it undetected. That’s right. It gains access to your system, and invades unnoticed. If you wonder how that’s even possible, it’s simple. You get duped. The hijacker fools you into giving it the green light of admission. All, while keeping you clueless. It does that by preying on your carelessness. And, with the help of the old but gold means of invasion. Like, lurking behind freeware, spam emails, corrupted links. Its array of methods is rather prolific. But neither can prove successful without your carelessness. It’s a crucial ingredient. The tool needs you to give into gullibility and haste. To throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. Not to do any due diligence, but hope for the best, instead. Do NOT oblige. Do yourself a favor, and do NOT choose carelessness over caution. One helps to keep an infection-free PC. The other does the opposite. Make the right choice.
Why is this dangerous?
Hijackers don’t waste time. Neither does Cgkreality. As soon as it invades, it begins to make a mess. In no time, you face the full effects of its stay. A slower performance, frequent crashes, incessant interference. It’s quite the frustrating predicament. But it’s not only annoyance you encounter. Hijackers take aim at your privacy. The tool follows instructions to spy on you. From the moment it invades, it keeps a close eye on our browsing. It tracks your online activities, and records them. When it deems it has gathered enough data, proceeds to send them. Yes, it exposes your stolen information. To whom? Well, to the unknown individuals that published it. The question is, will you allow that? Or, would you rather, protect yourself? And, your system’s well-being? Don’t allow the hijacker to run rampant on your PC! Find and delete it ASAP.
How to Remove Cgkreality virus
The Cgkreality infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Cgkreality infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Cgkreality related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Cgkreality startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Cgkreality virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Cgkreality traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Cgkreality by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Cgkreality
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Cgkreality, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Cgkreality argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Cgkreality Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.