Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove BuyHatke ads? This page includes detailed ads by BuyHatke Removal instructions!
BuyHatke is supposed to be a useful browser extension. Yet, it is nothing but trouble. This malicious program is classified as adware. It is responsible for the sea of ads you are drowning in. The BuyHatke adware is designed to expose its victims to numerous advertisements. Pop-up ads, banners, and constant redirection are just the tip of the iceberg. You won’t be able to use your computer normally. This tool will turn your browsing experience into a nightmare. Every website you visit will be covered in coupons and great deals. Yet, those deals are great for their sponsors only. BuyHatke is forcing ads on you, however, it is also blocking content from its competitors. You will see only what the app allows you to see. Soon, you will lose track of the current prices and become an easy target. Don’t allow this. Remove this parasite immediately.
How did I get infected with?
The BuyHatke didn’t appear as if by magic. If you haven’t installed it on purpose, then you did it unintentionally. It might have arrived as a bundled program to some freeware you have downloaded off the web. This is a common practice among developers. They would add extra programs to the installation files of many free applications. This method is known as bundling. Once you initiate the installation of such a bundle, you will face two types of installation methods: a standard/fast one and an advanced option. Be prepared. The advanced wizard will be presented as a suitable choice for IT experts only. Yet, this method is not complicated. It is suitable for everyone. This trick is supposed to lure you into using the standard method because it is completely automatic. As strange as it may sound, this is a bad thing. Once started, this process will install all extra apps that came along. The custom installation, however, gives you a choice. We strongly recommend deselecting all additional programs. Those tools do look useful, yet, if you truly needed such apps, you would have downloaded them by yourself. Be vigilant! Read the terms and conditions. If you spot anything suspicious, abort the installation immediately.
Why is this dangerous?
The BuyHatke adware is bombarding you with advertisements. Have you noticed that all those ads are related to your interests, hobbies or needs? To select the right kind of adverts, the adware must have some insight, right? Well, this is a task that is easier than you might think. This tool is monitoring all your online activities. It knows your habits. Which pages you view, favorite websites, even your search inquiry. There are no secrets for this tool. BuyHatke will use the collected data to choose ads that will appeal especially to you. However, the advertisements it displays can be hazardous. A malicious ad can execute a drive-by download. Have you heard of those downloads? They are automatic and almost completely invisible to the user. That’s why they are often used by hackers for malware distribution. One click on a corrupted advert is all it takes for a dangerous virus to be delivered to your machine. Of course, not all advertisements displayed by BuyHatke are malicious. Yet, there is no way to tell which is which. Avoid all of them while the adware remains active on your machine. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done. The malicious utility will try to trick you into clicking on adverts unintentionally. At the most unexpected times, it will open pop-up windows right under the cursor of your mouse. Don’t tolerate this intruder. Use our guide or trustworthy anti-virus software to track BuyHatke down. This app cannot be beneficial to you. Therefore, don’t hesitate to delete it!
How to Remove BuyHatke virus
The BuyHatke infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the BuyHatke infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the BuyHatke infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down BuyHatke in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate BuyHatke startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean BuyHatke virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean BuyHatke traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the BuyHatke by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by BuyHatke
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for BuyHatke, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove BuyHatke argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove BuyHatke Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.