Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Geniustrainer.net hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Geniustrainer.net Removal instructions!
Geniustrainer.net is a hijacker-related site. To see it on screen, is a horrible sign. The website is a clear indication of the invasion. Consider it a clue. It’s the hijacker’s way of announcing itself. It’s its grand reveal. And, you best heed its announcement! If you don’t, you will regret it. Hijackers are not to get underestimated. They’re horrendous and hazardous infections. Ones, which have tremendous capabilities of causing harm. The more time one spends on your PC, the bigger the damage, you face. The hijacker, using Geniustrainer.net as a face, is no exception. It infiltrates your system via slyness and finesse. Then, wastes no time, and corrupts it. The tool wreaks havoc throughout, and makes a mess of everything. Don’t allow that. Do yourself a favor, and act against the nasty infection. Find and delete it ASAP. The sooner it leaves your computer, the better.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are sneaky. They resort to an array of tricks to infiltrate your PC. But they are successful, because of a key ingredient, only you provide. Carelessness. Regardless of the method, the tool uses, it can’t succeed without your carelessness. It’s essential. The hijacker needs you to throw caution to the wind. To rush, and rely on luck. To give into gullibility, and don’t do any due diligence. Do NOT oblige! Don’t ease the infection’s infiltration! Always take the time to be vigilant. It goes a long way. And, even a little extra attention can save you countless issues. The usual methods, the tool turns to, include the following. Freeware, fake updates, corrupted links. Be extra careful, every time you allow anything off the web, into your PC. Caution helps to avoid getting stuck with a page, like Geniustrainer.net. Choose caution over carelessness.
Why is this dangerous?
Geniustrainer.net pops up at every turn. The hijacker makes sure of it. Open a new tab, and it’s there to greet you. Type in a search, and it’s among the suggested results. Geniustrainer.net even appears in place of your default homepage and search engine. The hijacker redirects you, non-stop. Even the ads, it floods you with, are ‘Powered by Geniustrainer.net.’ And, you get stuck seeing quite a lot of ads. Pop-up, in-text, banner. Every type of advertisement there is, you find on your screen. And, these interruptions are incessant. They occur every time you go online. That doesn’t go unnoticed. Not for long. Your system starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your computer slows down to a crawl. Browsing the web turns into an infuriating experience. But that’s not all. It gets worse. The hijacker threatens your privacy. The more time it stays, the bigger the risk. The infection spies on you, and steals data from you. When it steals enough, it exposes it. It hands it over to the unknown third parties behind it. Do you think that ends well? Don’t wait to find out. Protect your PC, and your privacy. Find and delete the cyber threat at once!
How to Remove Geniustrainer.net virus
The Geniustrainer.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Geniustrainer.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Geniustrainer.net related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Geniustrainer.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Geniustrainer.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Geniustrainer.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Geniustrainer.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Geniustrainer.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Geniustrainer.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Geniustrainer.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Geniustrainer.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.