Can’t Remove Vid-io.springserve.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Vid-io.springserve.com Removal instructions!
Vid-io.springserve.com is not a legitimate website. If your browser keeps getting redirected to it, or if you get flooded with ads “Powered by Vid-io.springserve.com” the news is bad. Your computer harbors a parasite. A sneaky browser hijacker lurks in the shadows of your OS and causes issues. Brace yourself. The parasite is a complete and utter menace. It throws its victims into a whirlwind of reshuffles. The parasite replaces your homepage, as well as forces you to use a questionable search engine. It is likely to install unwanted browser extensions and toolbars. And as if that’s not annoying enough, but it also floods your browser with countless ads. The hijacker inserts various banners on every website you visit. You will notice coupons and discounts even on web pages that used to be ad-free. No ad-blocking tool is powerful enough to stop the ad invasion. Pop-ups appear out of the blue. Notifications urge you to “Approve” or “Add” questionable apps. Commercials pause your videos. Dozens and dozens of ads flood your browser on a daily basis. Click nothing! Everything “Brought to you by Vid-io.springserve.com” is unreliable and potentially dangerous. These ads arise unwarranted expectations at best. At worst, they redirect traffic to scam and malicious websites. Do not put up with this situation. Remove the hijacker before it gets a chance to cause you harm. The sooner you clean your OS, the better!
How did I get infected with?
A browser hijacker forces the Vid-io.springserve.com website on you. This parasite sneaks into your PC and makes a mess out of your web browser. Don’t imagine ingenious cyber attacks, though. The hijacker is not a virus. It can’t hack your computer. No! This menace has other plans. It sneaks into your computer through trickery. The hijacker hides in fake updates, corrupted links, software bundles, and spam messages. It hides in the shadows and waits for you to let your guard down! Do not make that mistake! The thing about browser hijackers is that these parasites can’t get installed without your, the user’s, approval. No permission, no admission! Having to ask, of course, is not the same as having to do so outright. The parasites hide in the fine print. They get installed when you “forget” to deny them access. Don’t make their job easier. Choose caution over carelessness. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. Don’t visit questionable websites. Download software and updates from reliable sources only. Forget about the “Next-Next-Finish” setup strategy. When available, use the advanced/custom option. Make sure you know what kind of apps you install. Go through the terms and conditions before you agree to them. If you can’t read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Opt out of the installation if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
The Vid-io.springserve.com website is a harbinger of bad news. As soon as it pops up, ad invasion follows. Dozens and dozens of banners and hyperlinks cover every web page you load. You can barely get a simple task done. Pop-ups interrupt your every online activity. The numerous advertisements, of course, take a toll on your device. They overload your browser and make it prone to freezing and crashes. You face an avalanche of errors. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! You can notice the full extent of the corruption only when you take a close look at the ads. They are related to your recent online activities, aren’t they? That’s because you are under surveillance. The hijacker studies your browsing habits and bases its ads on the gathered data. Do you think that ends well? The hijacker spies on you from day one. It knows which websites you visit, which links you follow, which videos you watch. The Incognito mode can’t hide you. The hijacker knows everything! And if you are out of luck, some pieces of data, your search queries, for example, may leak personal and financial details. Don’t take unnecessary risks! As soon and the Vid-io.springserve.com website pops up, take action. Find where the hijacker hides and delete it upon detection!
How to Remove Vid-io.springserve.com virus
The Vid-io.springserve.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Vid-io.springserve.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Vid-io.springserve.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Vid-io.springserve.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Vid-io.springserve.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Vid-io.springserve.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Vid-io.springserve.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Vid-io.springserve.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Vid-io.springserve.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Vid-io.springserve.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Vid-io.springserve.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.