Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Trojan/win32.tsgeneric Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
As you might have guessed, Trojan/win32.tsgeneric is a Trojan horse. This virus is a serious cyber infection. It enters your OS through trickery and corrupts everything. The virus wastes no time. Following a successful infiltration, it corrupts essential system files, modifies your Registry, and starts malicious processes. The parasite is a complete and total menace. Do not allow it to remain on your OS. The more time you grant it on board, the worse your conditions become. Trojan/win32.tsgeneric never comes alone. It usually brings along a whole array of parasites. The Trojan follows instructions to further infect your device. It downloads and installs adware, hijackers, worms, spyware and even ransomware. What will happen to your system depends on the hackers and their current needs. They can contact the Trojan and instruct it to carry out various malicious processes. Do not play with your luck. You are in a very bad situation. Your best and only course of action is the immediate removal of the Trojan. Act now or you may regret it later. We have prepared a manual removal guide below this article. If you are not confident in your computer skills, we recommend you to use an automated solution. Choose your removal method and act! The sooner you clean your computer, the better!
How did I get infected with?
Trojan/win32.tsgeneric cannot hack your computer. Instead of targeting your device, it tricked you. The parasite deceived you. It got you to install it unintentionally. No, this is not a bad joke. Your reckless actions got you in this trouble. You either clicked on a corrupted link, downloaded a malicious file, or installed a fake update. The bad news is that you could have prevented this infection. Trojan/win32.tsgeneric wouldn’t have succeeded if you were just a bit more cautious. Learn your lesson. Do not let other parasites trick you ever again. Make sure you know what you give a green light to. Choose caution over carelessness. Read the terms and conditions (or scan it with an online EULA analyzer). Don’t interact with unexpected messages. Verify them. Did you know that the good old spam emails are still the number one cause of Trojan inspections? But don’t imagine malicious attachments. The crooks no longer rely on them. They still use them, but they prefer to embed corrupted links. One click is all it takes for a virus to be downloaded. Only your caution can prevent this method from succeeding. Let’s say that you receive an unexpected message from your bank, for example. Go to the bank’s official website. Compare the email addresses listed there with the one you’ve received a message from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately. It’s entirely up to you to keep your computer virus-free. Don’t be lazy. Always do your due diligence! Even a little extra caution goes a long, long way!
Why is this dangerous?
Trojan/win32.tsgeneric is a complete and total menace. This parasite wreaks havoc on your system. The Trojan causes program failures and odd errors. It is behind your system underperformance and slow Internet connection. The parasite is the reason why your system crashes so often. If you don’t take immediate measures against the intruder, you risk ending up with the Blue Screen of Death. Unfortunately, you also risk other your personal information getting stolen. Apart from the obvious inconveniences, we should not forget that the Trojan is a surveillance tool. Trojan/win32.tsgeneric knows your every online action. It knows what programs you have installed, your IP and Mac addresses. The parasite may receive instructions to monitor even more data points. You wouldn’t want the hackers to discover your passwords and usernames, would you? The Trojan can be re-programmed to carry various malicious processes including key-logging. This intruder may also install other dangerous parasites. The more time it remains on your computer, the bigger the change it does something unwanted. Do not put up with this situation. Don’t prolong the Trojan’s stay. Get back in control of your device. Remove Trojan/win32.tsgeneric before it’s too late!
Manual Trojan/win32.tsgeneric Removal Instructions
The Trojan/win32.tsgeneric infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Trojan/win32.tsgeneric infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Trojan/win32.tsgeneric related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Trojan/win32.tsgeneric startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Trojan/win32.tsgeneric virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Trojan/win32.tsgeneric
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Trojan/win32.tsgeneric, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Trojan/win32.tsgeneric Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.