Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.stormygreatz.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.stormygreatz.com Removal instructions!
There’s a browser hijacker on your computer. That’s right. Your system is no longer infection-free. There’s now a dangerous cyber threat, lurking somewhere in the shadows. And, it’s wreaking havoc, and messing everything up. The Search.stormygreatz.com website is a clear indication of the infection’s existence. Consider is a sign. After it pops up on your screen, accept the hijacker’s existence as fact. Acknowledge the danger, you’re in. And, take immediate actions against it. If you don’t, you will regret it. The longer you allow it to stay, the worse your predicament gets. Don’t underestimate the scope of damage, the hijacker can cause. In the extensive list, of issues it forces on you, you find a “security risk.” The infection threatens your personal and financial details. It follows programming to spy on you. And, it begins as soon as it invades. The tool tracks you every online move. And, what’s worst, records it. After it determines it has stolen enough information from you, it exposes it. To whom? Well, to the third parties that published it. Yes, to unknown individuals with questionable intentions. Those are the people, who get a hold of your private life. Do you think that ends well? Don’t fool yourself. Don’t allow that scenario to unfold. Protect yourself. Keep your privacy private. Ensure your system’s well-being. Acknowledge the display of Search.stormygreatz.com as the sign it is, and act on it. After the page pops up, act against the cyber plague that is the hijacker. Delete it. ASAP.
How did I get infected with?
A hijacker cannot access your PC without permission. Neither can the one, lurking behind Search.stormygreatz.com. Let’s explain. The tool can enter your system, only if you give it the green light. No permission, no admission. In fact, the hijacker has to ask you, the user, if you agree to its install. In case, you do, it can proceed with the installment process. To avoid rejection, it makes sure to choose the best way to ask for your approval. After all, it cannot have you denying it. And, if it outright showed up to seek consent, odds are, you will. So, instead, the tool turns to the sneaky approach. It turns to the old but gold means of infiltration, which assist its covert tactics. The tool hides behind spam emails, corrupted links, freeware. It pretends to be a bogus update. There’s a lot of ways, it can trick you. But, despite which method it chooses, it still needs one thing from you. Your carelessness. Think about it. If you’re cautious, you’ll catch it in the act. Its sneakiness doesn’t matter, if you do your due diligence. So, make sure to always do it. Read the terms and conditions. Look for the fine print. Don’t click YES in blind faith. Know what you agree to allow into your system. Even a little extra attention can save you an avalanche of issues. Choose vigilance over distraction, naivety, and haste.
Why is this dangerous?
Search.stormygreatz.com becomes the bane of your browsing. The site follows your every move. You cannot take a single online step, without it popping up. Open a new tab? It’s there to greet you. Search the web? You find it among the suggested results. You cannot escape its appearance. The hijacker redirects you, non-stop. You even see the site in place of your preferred homepage and search engine. Did you want it there? No. Did you agree to the switch? No. Yet, it’s fact. But don’t think, that’s the only interference, you have to put up with. Oh, no. The hijacker doesn’t only redirect you all the time. It also floods you with advertisements. Banner, in-text, pop-up. Myriads of advertisements shower your screen, every time you go online. That doesn’t go unnoticed for long. The continuous interference of ads and redirects, has consequences. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl. Your system suffers frequent crashes. It’s an utter mess. Add to that the severe security risk, you face. And, it should be an easy decision to make. Hijackers have no place on your PC. They bring no positives, only headaches and grievances. Avoid all that, and protect your system, and yourself. Delete the hijacker, using Search.stormygreatz.com as a front, the first chance you get. Don’t waste time in debates. It’s a nasty infection, whose place is away from your system. Locate where it lurks. Then, remove it. Your future self will thank you for its prompt deletion. It’s the best course of action, you can take.
How to Remove Search.stormygreatz.com virus
The Search.stormygreatz.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.stormygreatz.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.stormygreatz.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.stormygreatz.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.stormygreatz.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.stormygreatz.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.stormygreatz.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.stormygreatz.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.stormygreatz.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.stormygreatz.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.stormygreatz.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.