Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.searchutilities.co hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.searchutilities.co Removal instructions!
Search.searchutilities.co is a page that brings bad news your way. If it pops up on your screen, brace yourself. You’re in for a horrendous experience. How come? Well, there’s a hijacker on your computer. The dreadful infection lurks somewhere in the corners of your system, and corrupts it. Consider Search.searchutilities.co a clue. The site is the hijacker’s way of announcing its presence on your PC. It’s the cyber threat’s way of cluing you into its existence. Do yourself a favor, and heed its warning. Hijackers don’t make good online companions. They use a variety of tricks to gain access to your system. Then, once inside, proceed to wreak havoc. And, they don’t stop. Not unless, you remove them. So, for the entirety of their stay, they WILL make a mess. And, you best believe, that mess only worsens with time. What begins as minor annoyance grows into a severe security hazard. That is, if you let the situation escalate that far. Do what’s best for you, and your system, and don’t do that. Don’t stand by as your predicament grows from bad to worse. Protect yourself, and your computer’s well-being. As soon as you spot Search.searchutilities.co, accept it as the warning it is. It’s a sign to urge you into action. So, acknowledge the severity of your situation, and act. Locate the hijacker’s exact hiding place. Then delete it. The sooner it’s gone, the better.
How did I get infected with?
How do you suppose you got stuck with a hijacker? It didn’t pop up out of the blue, did it? These tools cannot appear as if by magic. In fact, there’s an entire process, they need to go through. The one, behind Search.searchutilities.co, is no exception. The application has to ask you, the user, if you agree to its installment. Only, if you do, can it proceed with installment. And, don’t think the tool takes any chances. It doesn’t. The hijacker doesn’t outright pop up to ask your approval. That leaves too much to chance! Instead, it chooses a different approach. It turns to deception and finesse. It employs the old but gold means of infiltration. It’s as sly as possible! The hijacker’s usual trickery involves freeware, most of all. That’s because, it tends to offer the easiest way in. For reasons unknown, users are pretty careless during freeware installs. They rush, and give into naivety. Instead of being thorough, they choose to rely on luck. They don’t bother reading the terms and conditions, but skip them, and agree to everything in haste. That’s a colossal mistake. It’s exactly what the hijacker counts on. It preys on your carelessness. Make sure NOT to provide it. Instead of choosing carelessness, choose caution! Take the time to do your due diligence. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. Other common methods of invasion, include spam emails, bogus updates, and corrupted links. Always be on your guard!
Why is this dangerous?
Once the hijacker dupes you into installing, be wary. It doesn’t take long before its clutches spread throughout your system. Pretty soon after invasion, you begin to notice its influences. They tend to manifest with your browsing first. The Search.searchutilities.co page starts to plague your every online move. You cannot do anything online, without it popping up. When you so much as touch your browser, it appears. And, it’s not alone. Yes, you get redirected to it, ll the time. But the hijacker doesn’t limit its intrusions. It also forces countless other suspicious-looking sites on you. As well as, put you through an utter bombardment of ads. Try to imagine what your browsing experience becomes. An endless myriad of interference. And, don’t think the hijacker’s meddling goes unnoticed. Its incessant disruptions affect your system. It starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your computer’s performance also slows down to a crawl. Surfing the web turns into a nightmare. You cannot make an online move without your screen getting overrun with interference. Don’t think you only face headaches and annoyance, courtesy of the hijacker. All these issues seem trivial, minor even. But, they all pale in comparison, to the absolute worst threat. As mentioned, it concerns your security. The hijacker, using Search.searchutilities.co as a front, threatens your privacy. It jeopardizes your personal and financial details. The tool follows programming to spy on you from the moment it invades. And, it does. It takes notice of every online move you make. Burt it also records it. And, once it deems it has gathered enough data, sends it. Yes, the infection steals information from you, and then exposes it. To whom? Well, to the people behind it. The unknown individuals, who published it. Don’t let these strangers with agendas get access to your private data! Protect it! Also, protect your system’s well-being from the dangerous cyber threat. Delete the hijacker the first chance you get. It’s the best course of action, you can take.
How to Remove Search.searchutilities.co virus
The Search.searchutilities.co infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.searchutilities.co infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.searchutilities.co related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.searchutilities.co startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.searchutilities.co virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.searchutilities.co traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.searchutilities.co by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.searchutilities.co
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.searchutilities.co, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.searchutilities.co argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.searchutilities.co Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.