Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.moviecarpet.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.moviecarpet.com Removal instructions!
Search.moviecarpet.com is a website, connected to a browser hijacker. If you see the site show up, you have a hijacker on your computer. They go hand in hand. Think of the page as a warning. It warns there’s a cyber threat, lurking on your system. You best heed that warning. That’s because the more you ignore it, the worse your predicament gets. The hijacker’s programming kicks in not long after its infiltration. And, once it acts up, and the havoc-wreaking begins, it doesn’t stop. The problems pile up. And, they keep piling up until one of two things happens. Either you remove the infection from your system. Or, your computer gets too overwhelmed with issues, and gives up. There’s even the possibility, you get stuck with The Blue Screen of Death. Yes, it’s a rather minute, minuscule one. But it does exist! If the hijacker remains on your PC for too long, there’s a chance you face the dreaded blue. As insignificant as that chance may be, are you prepared to take it? Or, would you rather, avoid that risk? As well as, all other risks that follow hijackers? Here’s a hint: pick the latter. Follow experts’ advice, and avoid the unpleasantness, which hijackers cause. The one, using Search.moviecarpet.com as a front, doesn’t differ from the general rule. It WILL throw you into a whirl of troubles, if you let it. So, ask yourself. Will you let it? Do yourself a favor, and find and delete as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Your future self will thank you for it.
How did I get infected with?
If a hijacker is to enter your system, you have to allow it. Let’s elaborate. The tool has to ask you, the user, if you agree with its install. If you don’t, no admission. But since Search.moviecarpet.com is your online shadow, you agreed. You must have. You may not remember it, but that doesn’t change the fact that you did. It’s not a surprise that you don’t remember the moment the exchange took place. After all, don’t expect the hijacker to be straightforward about it. Oh, no. If it outright popped up, and sought your consent, you’d refuse it. And, it can’t have you denying it access. So, instead, it bends the rules. The infection still asks for your approval. But it does it the most cover way it can. For example, it poses as a fake update. Or, hitches a ride with spam email attachments. Or, freeware, Or, corrupted links. There are plenty of ways to choose from. But do you know what? Whichever one it chooses, ultimately, all rests on you. If you’re careless enough to spot it trying to sneak in, you can prevent it. That’s why caution is crucial. When allowing updates or tools into your system, apply caution. Don’t give into naivety and distraction. Don’t rush. Do your due diligence. Read the terms and conditions. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. Remember that.
Why is this dangerous?
Of all the unpleasantness, the hijacker puts you through, the security risk is the worst. Everything else can be deemed annoying or minor, or even bearable if you have nerves of steel. But the implications of having your privacy stolen and exposed cannot be ignored. After the hijacker, using Search.moviecarpet.coma as a front, settles, it begins to spy on you. It keeps close track of your browsing activities. But the tool doesn’t only observe. It also records your every move. Once it decides it has stolen enough information from you, it proceeds to the next step. It exposes it to the people behind it. That means, strangers are given access to your private life. They have your personal and financial details to use as they see fit. Whichever way you look at it, it won’t end well for you. Do NOT let the cyber menace steal and expose your private life. Protect it. Once Search.moviecarpet.coma pops up, act! Find and delete the hijacker, plaguing your PC. The sooner, the better.
How to Remove Search.moviecarpet.com virus
The Search.moviecarpet.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.moviecarpet.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Search.moviecarpet.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Search.moviecarpet.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.moviecarpet.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.moviecarpet.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.moviecarpet.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.moviecarpet.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.moviecarpet.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.moviecarpet.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.moviecarpet.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.moviecarpet.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.