Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
YTDownloader is categorized as PUP (potentially Unwanted Application). This particular virus is distributed as a browser plug-in which is capable of downloading YouTube videos and convert them in different formats (FLV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3 or MPEG) YTDownloader is advertised to be an useful application as the user will be able to watch offline videos. However, the drawback of the application is that it will change your browser settings, without your consent. Nevertheless, you can download the add-on from the official website, it is aggressively advertised via third parties. This means that you can get infected with YTDownloader whenever it is bundled with the installation package of another program. The purpose of the infection is to gather sensitive private information and gain money by giving it to third parties. This may include your browsing habits, login information, passwords, even credit card details. That is why it is necessary to take care of the parasite immediately when you notice the YTDownloader infection.
How to Remove YTDownloader?
YTDownloader removal procedure is the following: The first thing to do is to uninstall YTDownloader from your add/remove programs list. You should go to your Control Panel’s Programs & Features tab. Then sort the programs by date and review if you have YTDownloader in this list. Also, look for any suspicious looking programs, besides YTDownloader, and uninstall them.
Clean YTDownloader from Chrome, Firefox or IE
- Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools —> Extensions
- Remove the YTDownloader Extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the Cinema-Plus add on
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
- Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the Cinema-Plus browser helper object.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Close IE
An active anti-malware program in your system can prevent future infections. It will also prompt you when you are about to visit infected websites or download, directly or indirectly, download malicious programs.