Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Y2mate.com ads? This page includes detailed ads by Y2mate.com Removal instructions!
The Y2mate.com page pops up as a warning. The website warns that your system is no longer free of infections. There’s a cyber threat, hiding in the corners of your PC, wreaking havoc. It belongs to the adware category, and it’s a nightmare companion. The infection invades your computer undetected. Then, uses the page as an announcement. It ‘s its grand reveal. You best take notice of its warning sign, and take immediate action against it. Otherwise, you’re setting yourself up for a horrendous experience. These types of threats waste no time. Corruption ensues, following their entry. The tool, you’re stuck with, is no exception. You get thrown into a whirlwind of grievances. The longer you extend the tool’s stay, the worse your predicament gets. You face a continuous barrage of online interference. Lagging becomes a part of your daily routine. You suffer an array of inconveniences. And, to top everything off, you also suffer a privacy risk. The infection jeopardizes your private information. It threatens to steal data from you, and then expose it to strangers. Don’t let it! Keep it from fulfilling its thieving agenda. Protect your PC from its hazardous touch. Get rid of the infection as soon as you become aware of its stay. The display of Y2mate.com is the sign to urge you into action. Heed it, and act.
How did I get infected with?
The tool, behind Y2mate.com, is deceitful. It’s masterful in the act of sneaking in. And, not only does it sneak into your system. But it manages to do so, undetected. The infection gains access, while keeping you oblivious to its presence. That may seem perplexing, considering it needs your approval to access your system. Yes, the adware has to seek your permission on its admission. If it doesn’t get it, it can’t continue with installment. To ensure it gets you to give it the green light, it resorts to trickery. The tool hides behind freeware or spam emails. It can also use corrupted links, sites, or torrents. It can pose as a bogus update. It has plenty of tricks to choose from. And, it’s up to you to look through its deception. Be thorough enough to spot it, attempting to invade. Catch it in the act, and deny it entry. Caution helps you to do so. Vigilance goes a long way. Make sure to take the time to be thorough. Always read terms and conditions, and know what you agree to allow into your PC. Even a little extra attention can save you a ton of troubles. Carelessness, on the other hand, invites it in. So, choose wisely.
Why is this dangerous?
Y2mate.com claims to be useful and reliable. Supposedly, it provides a legitimate service. It claims to allow you to download videos from YouTube. And, convert them to whatever format you need. That’s a lie. And, these are false promises. The site isn’t trustworthy, and it doesn’t offer a legitimate service. The people behind it are preying on your naivety as a means to exploit you. Don’t let their attempts prove successful. Acknowledge that the page is hazardous and unreliable. And, do your best to rid your screen of it. Once the infection settles, it turns the Y2mate.com site into your shadow. No matter what you do online, it finds a way to force it on you. You get redirected to the page, when you open a new tab. When you search the web, it appears among the results. ‘Waiting for Y2mate.com‘ shows up, non-stop. As well as, ‘Transferring to Y2mate.com,’ and ‘Connecting to Y2mate.com.‘ All the advertisements, you get stuck with, read ‘Powered by Y2mate.com.‘ The website becomes the bane of your browsing. And, don’t think it only causes you frustration. Apart from the immense annoyance, and lagging, you also encounter crashes. Your system starts to crash all the time, because of all the interference. Add to all that unpleasantness, the security risk, and it’s quite evident. The adware has no place on your system. And, you should remove it the first chance you get. That way, you’ll ensure your system’s well-being, and keep your privacy private. Don’t allow the adware to spy on your activities. Don’t let it keep a thorough record of everything you do, while browsing. Don’t stand by as it exposes the data, it stole from you, to strangers. Keep your information out of the hands of cyber criminals. Get rid of the nasty adware as soon as you get the chance. The sooner it leaves your system, the better.
How to Remove Y2mate.com virus
The Y2mate.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Y2mate.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Y2mate.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Y2mate.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Y2mate.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Y2mate.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Y2mate.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Y2mate.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Y2mate.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Y2mate.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Y2mate.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.