Can’t Remove Vidplayy.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Vidplayy.com Removal instructions!
Vidplayy.com is a website, part of the hijacker scheme. It’s not good news to see the site. Think of it as a big, bright sign of trouble. Its display is equivalent to you receiving a message ‘You have an infection.’ A browser hijacker, to be precise. The pesky program uses Vidplayy.com as a shield to lurk behind. It slithers into your system undetected, and not long after, begins to wreak havoc. The page is a clue. It’s a way for you to know there’s an infection in your system. The sooner you accept that to be true and act, the better. Understand that hijackers are a true menace. The longer they remain on your computer, the more they act up. The troubles you face grow in number and severity on a day-to-day basis. So, do yourself a favor, and cut its stay short. Vidplayy.com is a warning. Take it as such! Heed it, and act on it. Upon seeing the site that first time, do your best to find the hijacker’s hiding spot. And, when you do, remove it. A hijacker has no place on your PC. It only causes troubles. Avoid countless headaches and unpleasantness. Delete it ASAP! The hijacker’s prompt removal saves you a ton of grievances. And, earns you the gratitude of your future self. Don’t you want that? Or, would you rather suffer from daily intrusions, a malware threat, a looming security risk, and so on? It’s a long list of issues. Make sure not to experience it first-hand.
How did I get infected with?
Vidplayy.com pops up after a hijacker finds its way to your system. But don’t think it appears one day, out of thin air. It’s not how it works. Hijackers need to get your approval on their admission. They ask for it, and proceed with install only after you give it. So, if Vidplayy.com takes over your screen, that happened. The exchange took place. The infection sought your okay, and you gave it. You agreed to allow an infection into your system. Odds are, you didn’t realize it at the time due to carelessness. And, that’s how hijackers do it. They rely on carelessness. The most common methods of infiltration include freeware, and spam email attachments. As well as fake system and program updates. Like, Java and Adobe Flash Player. The tool preys on your distraction and naivety. It hopes you throw caution to the wind, and rush. If you do, its chances of successful invasion significantly increase. We cannot stress that enough! The more careless you are, the easier it is for it to slither in undetected. So, why be careless at all? Go the opposite direction. After all, even a little extra attention goes a long way, and saves you a ton of issues. So, choose caution. Always do your due diligence when installing tools or supposed updates. Read the terms and conditions. Know what you agree to allow into your system. Don’t skip ahead to that YES at the bottom. Be thorough. Be vigilant. Why make it easier for cyber threats to invade?
Why is this dangerous?
Once the hijacker makes your system its new home, it starts to make a mess. Its havoc-wreaking tends to manifest with your browsing first. Your entire experience turns hellish. Every online move you make gets intercepted with redirects and ads. You get flooded with every kind of advertisements there is. The Vidplayy.com page shadows your every move. The constant redirects, and display of ads, leads to frequent system crashes. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl, as well. But all issues mentioned so far pale in comparison to the absolute worst one. The biggest issue, you face because of the hijacker, has to do with your privacy. The infection, lurking behind Vidplayy.com, jeopardizes your private life. It follows programming to steal and expose your personal and financial details. As soon as it invades your PC, it begins to spy on you. It keeps track of your online activities, and catalogs every move you make. When it steals enough data from you, it proceeds to expose it. It hands it over to the unknown individuals behind it. The people, who unleashed it onto the web. Are you willing to hand over your private life to these strangers with agendas? Nothing good comes from that. Not for you. Do yourself a favor, and don’t allow that scenario to unfold. Keep your private life private. Find and delete the hijacker immediately after the first redirect to Vidplayy.com. It’s the best course of action to take.
How to Remove Vidplayy.com virus
The Vidplayy.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Vidplayy.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Vidplayy.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Vidplayy.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Vidplayy.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Vidplayy.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Vidplayy.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Vidplayy.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Vidplayy.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Vidplayy.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Vidplayy.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Vidplayy.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.