Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Text Underline ads? This page includes detailed Text Underline Virus Removal instructions!
Text Underline is a particularly nasty infection. It falls under the umbrella of PUP adware. In other words, it floods your screen with an ever-flowing waterfall of pop-up ads. All the time. The program throws ads your way each time you open your browser or a new tab. Your browsing experience will NOT be the same after the adware’s arrival on your PC. When you surf the web, you’ll suffer from redirects to unreliable sites. As well as from the pop-up shower. And, don’t think these intrusions go unnoticed. They slow down your computer’s performance to a crawl. And, they lead to frequent system crashes. And, all that pales when compared to the bigger issues, adware brings. For one, these infections threaten to flood your PC with more unwanted cyber threats. And, what’s worse, to expose your private life to strangers. Yes, the Text Underline infection poses both a malware and a security risk. The question is, are you going to stand by as it wreaks havoc? Save yourself a ton of troubles and headaches! Take action as soon as you realize the program has entered your system. Don’t trifle with PUP adware! Don’t underestimate it. It’s dangerous and harmful. So, delete Text Underline ASAP.
How did I get infected with?
Adware programs don’t just pop up out of the blue. Even though, it sure seems that way. Tools like Text Underline need user’s approval to enter. Your permission. They have to ask whether you agree to their installation or not. And, judging by your current predicament, you did. But, it’s more than likely, you have no memory of giving your consent. And, that’s because the PUP didn’t just come out and ask you. Oh, no. It did it in the most covert way possible. Through trickery and deceit. More often than not, via freeware, corrupted links, or spam email attachments. Also, the adware can pretend to be a fake update. For example, you may believe you’re updating your Java, but you’re wrong. In actuality, you’re giving the green light to an infection. Yes, adware tools are masters of deceit. But they cannot succeed in their infiltration without one key ingredient. Your carelessness. Cyber threats prey on distraction, haste, and naivety. Remember that, and don’t provide them. Instead, always take your time and do your due diligence. Attention goes a long way. It can save you a myriad of grievances.
Why are these ads dangerous?
Text Underline is an ad-supported application. That means, it relies on pay-per-click revenue. If the tool’s to continue its operations, it has to generate clicks and web traffic. If it fails in doing that, it’s taken down. So, naturally, the PUP does everything in its power to avoid the fate of oblivion. It makes sure to entice you enough into pressing its displays and, thus, produce profit. Don’t forget! For programs, like Text Underline, clicks matter! Not you, not helping you, nothing but clicks. And, here’s where all the ads come into play. The application displays countless in-banner, underlined, pop-up advertisements, hoping you’ll click them. But don’t think it just shows you random ads, and preys for the best outcome. Oh, no. Adware tools don’t rely on luck. They leave nothing to chance. And, Text Underline is no exception. The PUP bombards you with specially selected ads. Ones, picked for you and you alone. But how do you suppose it makes the distinction? How does it decide which are right and wrongs ones? Well, it’s pretty straightforward. It spies on you. Yes, the tool tracks your browsing to grasp what your interests include. When it determines your unique preferences, the bombardment begins. That’s why it takes a while for the adware to reveal itself. At first, it lays low, and spies on you. And, don’t think it stops there. As was already mentioned, Text Underline jeopardizes your privacy. That’s because, it doesn’t just observe your online habits. It keeps a record of your every move. Once it deems it has enough data, it hands it to the people behind it. Unknown individuals with access to your personal and financial information. Again, ask yourself: Are you okay with that?
How Can I Remove Text Underline Ads?
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Text Underline infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall Text Underline from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the Text Underline program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove Text Underline from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove any unknown add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
- Currently this particular Virus alters your DNS settings.Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for example, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Open your explorer and navigate to:
- %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hostIf you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
You can alternatively use your msconfig windows program to double check the execution point of the virus. Please, have in mind that the names in your machine might be different as they might be generated randomly, that’s why you should run any professional scanner to identify malicious files.
Permanently Remove Text Underline Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.