Can’t Remove Stoppblock.net hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Stoppblock.net Removal instructions!
The Stoppblock.net website promotes free services that let you bypass Geo-restrictions. All you should do to get access to the service is to make a few changes in your browser’s settings. Don’t do it! That’s a trap! The Stoppblock.net website promotes a parasite. If you follow the instructions, you will infect your browser with a hijacker. The Stoppblock.net hijacker is a nasty invader. It follows instructions to interfere with your web browsing. It follows you around the web and bombards you with adverts. The parasite injects hundreds and hundreds of ads on every website you visit. You would notice that even pages that used to be ad-free get covered in coupons and discounts. That’s right. It’s the parasite. It forces these adverts on you. Every time you click on the ads, the hijacker gets paid. Thus, it doesn’t limit the number of its ads. The more you see, the bigger the chance you click. But the parasite does not rely on quantity only. It pays attention to the quality too. The Stoppblock.net hijacker customized its ad selection for you. It monitors your browsing-related data and uses the collected information as a base for relevant ad selection. In other words: it spies on you and uses the collected data against you. The nasty hijacker stores the information on a remote server. Anyone willing to pay can access the data there. As you can imagine, dozens of crooks take advantage of the parasite and its resources. They use the hijacker to target potential victims. Do not risk falling into an online trap. Spare yourself many future headaches. Remove the hijacker ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
The Stoppblock.net hijacker cannot hack your computer. The parasite needs your approval to get installed. No permission, no admission. As you can imagine, though, there is a catch. The hijacker uses camouflage. It hides in torrents, spam emails, fake updates, and bundles. It lurks in the shadows and waits for you to make a mistake. All it needs to succeed is one second of carelessness. Don’t give into naivety. Don’t let your guard down. No anti-virus app can protect you if you act recklessly. Choose caution over carelessness. Download software from reliable sources only. When installing a program, don’t rush. Take the time to do your due diligence. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Under it, you would be able to examine all additional apps that are about to get installed alongside the program you’ve downloaded. Very often, the apps we download off the web come bundled with bonus programs. The extras, more often than not, are parasites like the Stoppblock.net hijacker. You can prevent the extras from installing under the advanced setup. Don’t let parasites trick you! Read the terms and conditions. If you notice anything suspicious, abort the installation immediately!
Why is this dangerous?
The Stoppblock.net hijacker has no place on your computer. This invader is a complete and utter menace. It interferes with your online activities, as well as opens your browser to malicious online influence. The parasite jeopardizes both your privacy and security. This pest spies on you from the moment it invades. It knows your every online action. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. The hijacker knows everything. At first glance, the collected data does not strike as sensitive. A capable advertiser, however, needs very little to successfully target you. What if this advertiser has bad intentions? Countless crooks use the hijacker and its resources. They create irresistible ads and force them on you. They show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. Even if you don’t click, the hijacker can still redirect you to dangerous websites. The parasite loads questionable third-party websites directly in your browser. The Stoppblock.net hijacker is too hazardous to be kept on board. Do what’s best for you and your system’s well-being. Remove the hijacker now!
How to Remove Stoppblock.net virus
The Stoppblock.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Stoppblock.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Stoppblock.net related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Stoppblock.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Stoppblock.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Stoppblock.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Stoppblock.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Stoppblock.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Stoppblock.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Stoppblock.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Stoppblock.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.