Can’t Remove Searchpage-results.net hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Searchpage-results.net Removal instructions!
A hijacker lurks somewhere in the corners of your system. The appearance of the Searchpage-results.net site is proof of that. The page’s popping up is a big, bright sign that screams “Infection!” There’s a browser hijacker on your computer. In case, you’re unsure, that’s horrendous news. Getting stuck with such a tool brings about a dreadful experience. These programs are malicious, invasive, and damaging. They wreck your system, non-stop, and worsen your predicament from day to day. The more you extend their stay, the worse it gets. So, cut it short! As short as possible! Once the infection clues you into its existence, take action. Acknowledge the danger, you’re in, and act. Do your best to discover where the cyber threat lurks. Then, when you do, delete it. You’ll avoid dealing with a plethora of problems. And, your future self will thank you for the hijacker’s immediate deletion. The display of the Searchpage-results.net page is your warning. Heed it. Then, act on it.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are quite sneaky. They turn to the old but gold means of infiltration. And, get you to approve their install, while keeping you clueless. The one, behind Searchpage-results.net, is no exception. It used slyness and subtlety, and got you to act against your best interests. Odds are, you don’t even remember approving the install of the hijacker. Do you? Well, you must have. These programs cannot enter a system without the explicit consent of the user. They must ask for your approval, and only after receiving, can they continue. It seems a rather simple rule to keep infections away. But they’ve come up with a way around it. The hijacker still sought your permission on its installment. But it did it in the sneakiest ways possible. As stated, the old but gold means of infiltration come in quite handy to assist it in its deceit. Freeware, fake updates, spam emails, corrupted links. Each method, however, cannot succeed without a crucial ingredient. It needs you to throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. Don’t oblige! Don’t make it easier for the hijacker to slither its way in undetected. Every time, you allow a tool, update, anything, into your PC, be thorough. Apply extra vigilance, and take the time to do your research. Due diligence goes a long way, and it can save you a ton of issues. Make sure to always choose caution over carelessness. One leads to infections. The other keeps them out.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker poses immense dangers over your system. Its very presence on your system, leads to an array of grievances. Your system suffers frequent crashes. Your computer slows down. Going online is a nightmare. Every time, you attempt it, you see a full-on wall of intrusions on your screen. The hijacker floods you with pop-up ads. As well as redirect you to a variety of malicious websites. And, the Searchpage-results.net one, becomes your online shadow. It shows up to interfere with your every move. And, it takes the place of your default search engine, and homepage. But, here’s the thing. All these issues seem trivial, minor. They pale in comparison to the worst threat, you face, courtesy of the hijacker. It puts your privacy at risk. The infection follows instructions to spy on you from the moment it invades. It keeps track of your browsing activities, and records everything. Yes, it keeps a record of every online move you make. After it decides it has stolen enough data, it exposes it. The hijacker sends your information to the people that published it. Cyber criminals get a hold of your personal and financial details. Do you think that ends well for you? Don’t fool yourself. Protect your privacy, as well as your system’s well-being. Delete the dreadful cyber threat at once! The sooner, the better.
How to Remove Searchpage-results.net virus
The Searchpage-results.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Searchpage-results.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Searchpage-results.net related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Searchpage-results.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Searchpage-results.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Searchpage-results.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Searchpage-results.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Searchpage-results.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Searchpage-results.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Searchpage-results.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Searchpage-results.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.