Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove SaveitKeep ads? This page includes detailed ads by SaveitKeep Removal instructions!
There is nothing new or special about the SaveitKeep browser add-on as it is simply another ad-supported extension that will flood your screen with numerous ads while you are surfing the web. This add-on is actually rather old considering the fact that tons of similar plug-ins are created every day. Still, it is not less intrusive than them, neither are its ads less annoying or potentially dangerous. There is possibly no way for you not to notice the sudden appearance of pop-ups and web banners labeled as “Ads by SaveitKeep”, so when that happens you should do your best to remove the extension from your browser right away.
How did I get infected with?
The SaveitKeep add-on used to be promoted at saveitkeep.info, however, the web page is no longer active. Even if it was, the extension would still be distributed mainly through dubious methods such as software bundling. Using this method, unreliable applications get installed on the PC of unsuspecting users as additional programs. This happens when they download freeware from corrupted file sharing websites as the applications found on such websites are always packed with extra software. To avoid such bundled apps, you should only rely on official sources when it comes to acquiring software.
Why are these ads dangerous?
SaveitKeep is supposed to be a tool helping users save money when shopping on the Internet. The add-on will generate discount offers and coupons every time you visit an online store. However, you should not be fooled by the seemingly useful shopping offers because their content will probably not be safe. The reason for this is the connection between SaveitKeep and third-party advertising servers which provide the content that the extension inserts into the ads. This content is nether reviewed nor supervised, which makes it potentially dangerous. Staying away from the ads will guarantee that you do not land on malicious websites, and deleting SaveitKeep is what you have to do to make sure you will not click an ad by accident.
How Can I Remove SaveitKeep Ads?
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the SaveitKeep infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall SaveitKeep from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the SaveitKeep program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove SaveitKeep from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove the unwanted add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
Permanently Remove SaveitKeep Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.