Can’t Remove Rusearcher.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Rusearcher.com Removal instructions!
Rusearcher.com is a highly suspicious domain. It is associated with a browser hijacker. If this website has replaced your preferable homepage without your consent, keep reading. The Rusearcher.com hijacker is a typical parasite of its category. It is designed to generate revenue for its owners. To do so, it uses aggressive and intrusive marketing strategies. You must have noticed that you are exposed to increased number of online advertisements recently. No, you are not imagining it. This is exactly what is happening. The hijacker increases the number of ads gradually. There are two reasons for that. Firs, this way you will not take immediate action against it. Eventually, you will get used to your new homepage. Hence, you will never remove it. Second, at the beginning, the hijacker has an insufficient amount of data about you. It is going to expose to just any kind of ads. It chooses ads especially for you. Don’t get too excited. Yes, it displays coupons for items that you actually need. Yet, the price you pay for these discounts is greater than you think. You pay with your privacy. The Rusearcher.com hijacker doesn’t have a sixth sense. To find your preferences, this malicious tool will spy on you. It will become your shadow. It will follow you around the web. Everything you do online will be recorded. Every website you visit, every ad you click on, every search inquiry you make. Everything! The collected data, however, will not be used for marketing purposes only. The hijacker will sell every bit of information to third parties. As strange as it may sound, there are many potential buyers. They range from desperate marketing agents to dangerous hackers. Oh, yes, that is right. Hackers are interested in your data. The hijacker, after all, can record your usernames and passwords. Don’t risk your privacy. Remove this parasite ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
The Rusearcher.com hijacker appeared out of the blue. This was the plan. No one will infect their computer on purpose. Yet, the hijacker needs your permission to operate. Hence, its developers got imaginative. They used trickery to lure into installing the malicious program. It might have arrived as a bundled program to some freeware or shareware you downloaded off the internet. All the crooks need to do is to attach the program. Everything else is up to you. When installing a program, especially if it is a free one, opt for advanced installation wizard. It can be a tab or button. Don’t hesitate to use it. This installation process may be described as a suitable choice for IT experts only. Yet, this is a deception. This process is not complicated. Anyone can complete it successfully. The crooks don’t want you to use it. Under the advanced setup, you will be presented with a list of all additional programs that are about to be installed. You can abort their setup. These apps are optional, not obligatory. You can deselect them and still install the program you originally indented to install. Be vigilant. Read the terms and conditions. A lot of dangerous viruses pretend to be useful applications. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation. You are the one who is responsible for your computer’s security. Always do your due diligence.
Why is this dangerous?
The Rusearcher.com hijacker is extremely annoying. It will drown you in a sea of advertisements. Every website you visit will be heavy on ad banners. Pop-up windows will force you to watch videos. On top of that, your computer will become extremely slow. All these issues are caused by the malicious tool. The problem is, the ads it displays so freely are hazardous too. The Rusearcher.com hijacker has no checking mechanism. Anyone willing to spend some money can use it to promote. Hackers often get an advantage of the situation. They spread malicious ads and links via browser hijackers. If you click on a corrupted ad, a virus or other malware will be downloaded on your computer. Even the “legit” ads may redirect you to fake web stores and shady pages. You can try to ignore the commercials, yet, practice shows that this task is impossible. The hijacker will trick you into clicking on adverts unintentionally. At the most unexpected times, it will open pop-up messages right under the cursor of your mouse. Don’t neglect the problem. If you act promptly, you can remove the malicious app with ease. Follow our guide and clean your machine for good!
How to Remove Rusearcher.com virus
The Rusearcher.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Rusearcher.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Rusearcher.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Rusearcher.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Rusearcher.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Rusearcher.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Rusearcher.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Rusearcher.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Rusearcher.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Rusearcher.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Rusearcher.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Rusearcher.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.