Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Robotcaptcha2.info hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Robotcaptcha2.info Removal instructions!
Robotcaptcha2.info is a harbinger of bad news. The appearance of this website indicates that your computer is no longer free of infections. You are stuck with a browser hijacker. The good news is that this parasite is not a virus, but an intrusive, ad-generating menace. The hijacker corrupts your browser and turns it into an ad-displaying platform. This parasite follows programming to insert various ads on every website you visit. Even web pages that used to be ad-free get heavy on banners. The hijacker makes a mess out of your poor browser. Pop-ups appear out of the blue. Notifications urge you to “Update” or “Install” questionable apps. Coupons and discounts blink in all imaginable colors. You can barely get any work done. Countless ads flood your screen every time you so much as touch your browser. No ad-blocking app is powerful enough to shield you from the advertisements. Dozens and dozens of “Ads by Robotcaptcha2.info” flood you on a daily basis. Don’t put up with this situation. The more you ignore the problem, the worse your situation becomes. You are dealing with a browser hijacker. This parasite tends to get worse with time. It not only gets out of control but also opens your browser to threats. Don’t fool yourself. The hijacker is dangerous. Its ads arise unwarranted expectations at best. At worst, they redirect web traffic to scam and malicious websites. Don’t test your luck! Spare yourself many future headaches. Remove the hijacker ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
A browser hijacker displays the Robotcaptcha2.info web page. The parasite sneaks into your computer and throws you into a whirlwind of advertisements. Do not overestimate the parasite. It doesn’t “hack” your computer through an ingenious cyber attack. No! The hijacker is not a virus. It is a simple application, and as such, it follows standard installation procedures. The hijacker needs you, the user, to approve its installation. No permission, no admission! The parasite is bound to seek your consent. Note, though, that having to ask is not the same as having to do so outright. The hijacker hides in the fine print and preys on your naivety. It lurks behind fake updates, software bundles, spam messages, and pirated software. The hijacker infects your computer when you let your guard down. Don’t make that mistake! No anti-virus app can protect you if you throw caution to the wind. Only your vigilance can keep your computer infection-free. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. So, choose caution over carelessness. Don’t visit dodgy websites. Download software and updates from reputable (preferably official) sources. And, of course, do not rush through the installation processes. Forget about “Next-Next-Finish” setup strategy. If available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Deselect all unwanted extra apps that are about to get installed and go through the terms and conditions. If you can’t read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Don’t hesitate to opt out of the installation if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
Robotcaptcha2.info is bad news. Ads flood your browser as soon as this website pops up. Whether you watch a video or browse your favorite website, ads cover your screen. The numerous banners, pop-ups, and video commercials, however, are not mere annoyances. The countless ads burden your browser and make it prone to freezing and crashes. You face an avalanche of errors and malfunctions. And as if that’s not bad enough, but you also face a security threat. Just take a closer look at these “Powered by Robotcaptcha2.info” pop-ups and you’ll realize the full extent of the problem. You are under constant online surveillance! Every ad “Brought to you by Robotcaptcha2.info” is targeted at you. The hijacker studies your browsing habits and uses the collected data against you. And the worst part is that this menace doesn’t keep the information confidential. Quite the contrary – it sells everything to third parties. Do you think that ends well? Some pieces of data, your search queries, for example, may leak personal and financial details.
How to Remove Robotcaptcha2.info virus
The Robotcaptcha2.info infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Robotcaptcha2.info infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Robotcaptcha2.info related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Robotcaptcha2.info startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Robotcaptcha2.info virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Robotcaptcha2.info traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Robotcaptcha2.info by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Robotcaptcha2.info
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Robotcaptcha2.info, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Robotcaptcha2.info argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Robotcaptcha2.info Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.