Can’t Remove Robotcaptcha.info ads? This page includes detailed ads by Robotcaptcha.info Removal instructions!
An adware application lurks on your computer. It infiltrated your system via trickery, and managed to sneak in undetected. Consider the display of the Robotcaptcha.info page, its grand reveal. The tool uses it to announce its existence on your computer. You best take note, and take action. Otherwise, you’re setting yourself up for a horrendous ordeal. Adware tools are quite meddlesome. No matter what you do, they intrude. That’s because, they’re ad-supported. That means, their existence rests on their money-making skills. For the tool to continue its operations, it has to generate revenue for the people behind it. And, it does that, by means of web traffic, and pay-per-click profit. That’s why, you get stuck with so much third-party content. The tool floods your screen with in-text, banner, and pop-up ads. As well as, redirects you to a plethora of suspicious sites, and Robotcaptcha.info, of course. All in the hopes of being profitable for the people that published it. If it fails to make money, it falls into oblivion. And, since clicks matter, you don’t get bombarded with random content. Oh, no. Everything, you see, got catered for you, and you alone. The tool doesn’t begin to intrude, before getting to know you, and your interests. After invasion, it studies your browsing habits. And, tries to learn what entices you into clicks. Once it does that, it makes the proper selection, and you get stuck with a waterfall of enticing content. No matter how appealing it may seem, press nothing. Clicks only worsen your predicament. Avoid anything and everything, the adware throws at you. Or, better yet, get rid of the adware ASAP. That ensures your system’s well-being. And, earns you the gratitude of your future self. The Robotcaptcha.info page is a sign that urges you into action. Heed it. Find and delete the threat.
How did I get infected with?
How do you suppose the adware ended up on your PC? Well, it’s there, because of you. Let’s explain. The program cannot enter your system, without consent. Yours. It has to ask whether you, the user, agree to install it. Only if you do, can it continue with the process. No permission, no admission. So, to avoid rejection, the adware turns to trickery. Yes, it does seek your consent, but it does it in the sneakiest way possible. For example, it hides behind fake updates. Like, Java or Adobe Flash Player. It can also use corrupted links, sites, and torrents. As well as, freeware and spam emails. Do you spot the common denominator? It’s your carelessness. The infection needs you to rush, and not do your due diligence. To give into naivety, ans leave your fate to chance. Don’t oblige! Take the time to be extra careful. Don’t discard the importance of vigilance. Caution keeps infections out. Be cautious.
Why is this dangerous?
You don’t only suffer through incessant interference. Yes, the tool showers your screen with intrusions. But that’s only the beginning of your grievances. You also suffer lagging as your computer’s performance deteriorates. Your system starts to crash all the time. Browsing the web turns into a hellish experience. But that’s only part of it. Apart from these issues, you also face a privacy risk. The tool, behind Robotcaptcha.info, follows instructions to spy on you. And, not only because it needs to know what content to show you. It doesn’t only study your browsing habits, but also records them. That’s right. The infection keeps track of your online activities, as well as records them. And, once it deems it has collected enough data, it sends it. It hands it over to the cyber criminals, behind it. Let that sink in. Strangers get access to your personal and financial details. Passwords, logins, credit card and bank account data. Sensitive details that should not fall into the wrong hands. Are you going to stand by as the infection steals and exposes that information? Don’t allow the adware to fulfill its thieving agenda. Find its exact hiding place, and delete it as soon as you do. The Robotcaptcha.info page is your warning. Act on it.
How to Remove Robotcaptcha.info virus
The Robotcaptcha.info infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Robotcaptcha.info infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Robotcaptcha.info in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Robotcaptcha.info startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Robotcaptcha.info virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Robotcaptcha.info traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Robotcaptcha.info by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Robotcaptcha.info
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Robotcaptcha.info, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Robotcaptcha.info argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Robotcaptcha.info Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.