Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Offercrowd? This page includes the ads by Offercrowd Removal instructions!
Offercrowd is an application targeted at avid online shoppers who are willing to cut down on the money they spend on products. The program promises to present deals and offers in exchange of filling out forms online. Moreover, the offers are said to be related to the website the particular user is currently on. Although this all sounds great, there are some risks to using Offercrowd. It would be best not to rely on the application to save you money and erase it as soon as possible.
How did I get infected with Offercrowd?
More information about Offercrowd and what it does could be found at offercrowd.com. There you will also find a download button which appears not to be working properly. When you click the button, it redirects you to other pages providing you with certain offers. Still, it seems impossible to download the program, so this can only mean that it is distributed using other methods. The most popular one would be software bundling which involves silent installation of additional applications. If you do not remember downloading Offercrowd, try to think of other free programs you have recently acquired because the app has most probably entered your PC along with them.
Why are Offercrowd ads dangerous?
You should beware of Offercrowd for two main reasons. Firstly, since the application is free, it is financially supported by third parties. This means that you can expect from Offercrowd to display many sponsored links and ads by these third parties. You can never be certain what clicking on such an ad will result in because there is no information disclosed about the third parties behind them. Secondly, the application promises to provide you with offers if you share details about you when filling out online forms. These details could be recorded and used for malicious purposes. All in all, a number of issues may occur if you use Offercrowd which is why you should delete the application right away.
How Can I Remove Offercrowd Ads?
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Offercrowd infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall Offercrowd from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the Offercrowd program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove Offercrowd from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove the unwanted add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
Permanently Remove Offercrowd Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, I recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.