This article can help you to remove Nsetup.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
The appearance of the Nsetup.exe process in your Task Manager is not a good sign. This process is started by a nasty Trojan horse. Unfortunately, it is true, your computer is no longer infection-free. You have the Nsetup.exe Trojan on board. Once installed, this parasite spreads like wildfire. It corrupts your entire system. The Trojan modifies essential for your OS files and process. It rewrites your System Registry, too. The virus may cause some program of yours to freeze and crash frequently. It may disable your anti-virus app. All these changes happen in complete silence. You will not be able to detect and stop the parasite on time. The Nsetup.exe Trojan interferes with every aspect of your PC activities. This parasite is used as a backdoor to your computer. The hackers can instruct it to install malware and other parasites on your device. So, don’t be surprised if the number of online advertisements incenses. You may experience various program errors, PC unresponsiveness, and slow Internet Connection. Apart from these changes, the Trojan infection has no noticeable symptoms. You are, actually, lucky to know that it is present on your device. Thus, you can take action against the parasite. Do exactly this. Don’t waste your time. The longer the virus remains active, the worse your predicaments become. No one knows what the hackers have in mind for this Trojan. They can easily modify it and use it to manipulate your computer. They can do whatever they want with your PC, including spying on you and recording your keystrokes. Refrain yourself from online banking, you can never know who is watching. Your best course of action is the immediate removal of the virus. We have provided a manual removal guide below this article. Yet, be advised. The Nsetup.exe Trojan is a rather sophisticated virus. Its removal is not easy. If you are not confident in your technical skills, use a trustworthy anti-virus app.
How did I get infected with?
Nsetup.exe Trojan uses a lot of trickery to reach its victims. Torrents, malvertising, fake software updates. The Trojan uses all of them. Yet, one distribution technique stands above all others. The good old spam emails are still the most common cause of Trojan infections. We know that you are careful when it comes to email attachments, but how about the embedded links? Did you know that hyperlinks can also be corrupted? One click is all it takes for a virus to be downloaded. Don’t interact with the messages unless you absolutely have to. Before you open a letter, verify the sender. Simply, enter the questionable email address into some search engine. If it was used for shady business, someone might have complained online. Don’t stop just here. The crooks tend to write on behalf of well-known companies. If you receive such a letter, go to the organization’s official website. Compare the email addresses listed there with the one you have received a message from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. Also, bear in mind that the reliable companies would use your real name to address you. If a letter starts with “Dear friend” or “Dear Customer,” proceed with caution. Only your vigilance can prevent virus infections. Having a powerful anti-virus app on board is also a good idea!
Why is this dangerous?
Nsetup.exe Trojan is very hazardous. It has admin privileges and can modify your system settings. This Trojan may affect its individual victims in a different matter. It all depends on the hackers and their needs. If they lack cyber coins, they can turn your computer into a coin miner. What is more worrisome is the fact that the Trojan can actually spy on you. The parasite knows your IP and MAC addresses, your OS settings, what software you’ve installed, etc. The hackers can “upgrade” the Trojan to spy on your online activities and record your keystrokes. These people are criminals. They target your wallet. One way or another. Don’t underestimate them. They didn’t hesitate to invade your computer. They will not hesitate to use the collected information against you. Or, they may simply transfer ransomware on your device and blackmail you. Nsetup.exe Trojan is too dangerous to be kept on board. Don’t waste precious time. Remove this parasite immediately.
Manual Nsetup.exe Removal Instructions
The Nsetup.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Nsetup.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Nsetup.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Nsetup.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Nsetup.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Nsetup.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Nsetup.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Nsetup.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.