Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Mys.yoursearch.me Removal instructions!
Mys.yoursearch.me is a highly questionable domain. It is associated with a nasty browser hijacker. Don’t panic. We are here to help. The Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker is a program that is installed on your computer. It has full control over all installed web browsers. Yes, over all installed browsers. If you download a new one, it will ago get infected. You should keep that in mind. With this app on board, there is nothing private any longer. The Mys.yoursearch.me is designed to generate revenue for its owners. It will expose you to numerous ads, as well as redirect you to shady websites. Yet, the malicious tool will not display just any ads. It will select the ones that will be appealing to you. This task is easier than you might think. It is programmed to monitor your online activities. Everything you do online is recorded. Which websites you visit, the search inquiries you make, everything. Hence, if you enter “sneakers” into some search engine, the hijacker will start to display coupons and discounts for similar shoes. It sounds good. You will see discounts for items that you actually need. Yet, in reality, these special offers are not special at all. To guarantee that you click on its ads, the hijacker will block its competitors’ content. You will see only the commercials the hijacker allows you to see. Eventually, you will lose track of the current prices. This app is turning you into an easy target. But this is not the worst of it. The Mys.yoursearch.me utility has no verifying mechanism. It doesn’t distinguish between legit and shady websites. Neither will it check who the advertiser is. Crooks often get an advantage of such applications. They use hijackers to spread ads that lead to highly questionable web stores and fake websites. You can’t trust anything you see on your screen while this tool remains active on your computer. Do yourself a favor, remove this intruder ASAP!
How did I get infected with?
The Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker didn’t appear by magic. Its distribution was carefully planned. No one will infect their PC on purpose. Yet, the hijacker needs the user’s approval and assistance. So, its developers have found a way to lure you into installing it. They would attach their malicious apps as extra programs to some free programs. Therefore, when installing a program, especially if it is a free one, opt for advanced installation wizard. It may be a tab or button. Don’t hesitate to use it. This method may be described as a suitable option for IT gurus only. Crooks don’t want you to use it. Under it, you will be presented with a list of all extra programs that are about to be installed. These are optional. You can deselect them and still install the program you originally planned to set up. If you use the standard installation wizard, however, all extra apps will be installed without further ado. Be vigilant. Don’t allow this to happen. Don’t rush through the setup process. Take your time and read the terms and conditions/EULA. We know how annoying this step is. Yet, it is the only way you can spot breaches. If you think that something looks suspicious, there probably is a good reason for that. Abort the installation. The Internet is bursting with parasites. You can never know where an infection might strike from. Therefore, always keep your anti-virus software up to date.
Why is this dangerous?
There is nothing positive about the Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker. It is exposing you to numerous risks. Let’s take the ads it displays so freely for an example. Hackers use hijackers to spread corrupted links. If you have the misfortune to click on a corrupted ad, you will be taken to an infected website. A drive-by download will be executed there. Such downloads are completely automatic. They start without the user’s interaction and have no visualization. Hence, they are often used for malware and virus distribution. There is no way you can tell which ads are corrupted and which are not. In fact, you are exposed to more commercials than you might think. The Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker injects fake entries among the search results you are seeing. Among all of them. No matter the provider. These entries, most of the time, are sponsored. Yet, they are not marked as such. Doing an objective online research is an impossible task. With the hijacker on board, you can’t use your PC freely. On top of all these issues, the hijacker also collects information about you. The malicious app will sell every bit of data to third parties. Can you imagine the consequences if a hacker buys your usernames and passwords? Oh, yes, the furtive utility can steal such information. Luckily, we can help you. Follow our guide and delete this parasite for good!
How to Remove Mys.yoursearch.me virus
The Mys.yoursearch.me infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Mys.yoursearch.me infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Mys.yoursearch.me infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Mys.yoursearch.me related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Mys.yoursearch.me startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Mys.yoursearch.me virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Mys.yoursearch.me traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Mys.yoursearch.me by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Mys.yoursearch.me
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Mys.yoursearch.me, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Mys.yoursearch.me argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Mys.yoursearch.me Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.