Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Linkmyc.com hijacker? This page includes detailed Linkmyc.com Removal instructions!
Do you see ads by Linkmyc.com or do you get constantly redirected to the Linkmyc.com website? Or both? In any case, you have an adware infection on board. Don’t panic! There is a silver lining! The Linkmyc.com adware can be easily removed. Yet, only if you act promptly. The Linkmyc.com adware is a classic in its field. It sneaked into your computer unnoticed and wrecked havoc. This pest uses aggressive marketing strategies to turn its victims from visitors into customers. It initiated an advertisement bombardment on you and is also the reason why your computer is so slow recently. Even though you don’t “see” it, this app works on your CPU and uses a massive amount of RAM. The more ads you are seeing, the more RAM is consumed. The Linkmyc.com adware can slow your PC down to a crawl. It can cause older machines to freeze and crash frequently. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. The longer this parasite remains on your computer, the more dangerous it becomes. It is constantly spying on you. Everything you do online is monitored. There is no privacy anymore. The pages you view, your browsing history and search inquiries are no mystery to the malicious utility. The Linkmyc.com adware will use this data to select ads that will appeal to you as well as sell it to third parties. Anyone can buy your data. It may be some desperate marketing agent or may be some dangerous hacker. Can you imagine what will happen if a hacker buys your usernames and passwords? Yes, that’s right. The Linkmyc.com adware can steal such information. Therefore, don’t waste time. Use a trustworthy anti-virus program to scan your system and delete all malicious files. Of course, you can use our guide to do so manually.
How did I get infected with?
You may think that the Linkmyc.com adware appeared out of the blue, yet, this is not the case. You installed this tool. Unfortunately, there is no other explanation. These types of infections need your approval to operate. However, their developers have found ways to mislead the user into giving such permissions. The Linkmyc.com utility might have arrived as an extra app to some freeware or shareware you downloaded off the Internet. How often do you use the advanced installation wizard? If your answer isn’t “always”, you must change your habits. Only by using the custom/advanced installation method can you see all additional apps that come along and deny their installation. Don’t worry. There is nothing complicated in this method. It is a simple step-by-step installation wizard, just like the standard one. Of course, there are other adware distribution methods. Torrents and spam emails are commonly used for such purposes. However, to be successful, these techniques rely on one thing – your negligence. Whatever you install or download, be vigilant! Read the terms and conditions/EULA. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. If you think something looks suspicious, there probably is a good reason for that. Be doubtful and trust your instincts.
Why is this dangerous?
The Linkmyc.com adware exposes you to numerous ads. They are part of a pay-per-click marketing system. For every ad you click on, the owners of this malicious app will be paid. Don’t become their sponsor. There is another reason why you should not click on ads. Anyone willing to pay can use this malicious tool to promote anything, including uncertificated or even illegal products and services. Hackers often use adware applications to spread corrupted ads and links. If you have the misfortune to click on such an ad, you will be redirected to an infected website. There, a drive-by download will be executed. Such downloads are automatic and almost completely invisible to the user. Hence, they are often used for malware distribution. Of course, not all ads displayed by the Linkmyc.com utility are malicious. However, there is no way to tell which is which. Try not to click on any while your computer remains infected with this parasite. Don’t click on ads, it’s easier said than done. The Linkmyc.com adware will try to trick you into clicking on ads unintentionally. At the most unexpected times, it will open pop-up windows right under the cursor of your mouse. This, together with your machine’s sluggishness, will turn your computing experience into a nightmare. You don’t need to put up with this. Remove this parasite as soon as possible!
How to Remove Linkmyc.com virus
The Linkmyc.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Linkmyc.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Linkmyc.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Linkmyc.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Linkmyc.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Linkmyc.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Linkmyc.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Linkmyc.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Linkmyc.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Linkmyc.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Linkmyc.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Linkmyc.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.