Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Jetplayz.com ads? This page includes detailed ads by Jetplayz.com Removal instructions!
An adware application slithered into your system. It did undetected, via trickery and finesse. And, once it settles, it uses the Jetplayz.com page to reveal itself. As soon as it does, take notice, and take action. Adware programs make for atrocious company. They spread corruption, and make a mess of everything. The infection throws your system into disarray. You suffer issues, on a daily basis. And, as if that’s not enough, the adware also jeopardizes your privacy. The tool starts to spy on you, as soon as it settles. It monitors your browsing, and keeps a record of all that you do. Let that sink in. That includes all your online activities. Social media accounts, passwords, logins. Links and ads you press, sites you visit. Credit card and bank account details. The infection gathers all manner of personal and financial information. Then, once it deems it has stolen enough, proceeds to expose it. It hands it over to the unknown individuals behind it. In other words, strangers with agendas. Don’t let these people get access to your private information. Protect your privacy, and ensure it remains private. Get rid of the atrocious adware at once. Don’t delay. Delays have consequences.
How did I get infected with?
Adware tools sneak into your PC, undetected. They manage to do so with the help of the old but gold invasive methods. Let’s elaborate. The application has an array of tricks, up its sleeve. It can pretend to be a program or system update. Like, Adobe Flash Player or Java. Or, hide behind spam emails, corrupted sites, links or torrents. And, of course, it can use freeware. Most users don’t even bother reading terms and conditions during freeware installs. They rush, and leave their fate to chance. Instead of doing their due diligence, they rely on luck. They give into naivety, and agree to everything, in blind fate. If you give into naivety, haste, and distraction, chances are, you’ll get stuck with an infection. Don’t make the mistake of choosing carelessness over caution. One keeps cyber threats out of your PC. The other does not. Do yourself a favor, and take the time to be thorough. When allowing anything off the web into your PC, be wary. Read terms and conditions, look for the fine print, and double-check everything. Don’t say YES without knowing what you agree to. Even a little extra attention can save you a ton of troubles.
Why is this dangerous?
Jetplayz.com becomes your online shadow. The adware doesn’t miss an opportunity to force the site on you. Open a new tab? Jetplayz.com is there. Type a search, and find it among the results. It may also take over your default homepage and search engine. And, that’s despite the fact you didn’t give permission to the switch. Or, even knowing about its implementation, prior to discovering it. The adware floods your screen with advertisements, non-stop. Get used to seeing banner, in-text, and pop-up ads ‘Powered by Jetplayz.com.’ As if these intrusions aren’t enough of a hassle, the adware attempts to set you up for more. It forces alerts that urge you to allow push notifications. Allow nothing! If you click anything, the infection throws at you, you’ll regret it. Trusting the cyber menace only leads to frustration and unpleasantness. Do what’s best for you, and get rid of the threat the first chance you get. That way, you’ll also avoid the continuous lagging and system crashes. Spare yourself the endless online interference. Protect your privacy. Locate and remove the adware ASAP. Jetplayz.com is your sign of action. Heed it.
How to Remove Jetplayz.com virus
The Jetplayz.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Jetplayz.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Jetplayz.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Jetplayz.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Jetplayz.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Jetplayz.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Jetplayz.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Jetplayz.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Jetplayz.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Jetplayz.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Jetplayz.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.