Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Hotivit.net ads? This page includes detailed ads by Hotivit.net Removal instructions!
Hotivit.net is an obnoxious website. It appears, when your computer is no longer infection-free. An adware application managed to sneak into your system. And, you’re now suffering the consequences of its presence. Once the infection settles, you begin to notice the effects of its stay. Your browsing performance worsens, your system’s performance deteriorates. Going online turns into a continuous barrage of interference. System crashes and lagging become the norm. And, as if these inconveniences aren’t enough of a frustration, it gets worse still. The adware menace has instructions, not only to meddle with your browsing habits. But, also, to spy on your activities. And, it follows them. The tool keeps track of everything you do. Links and ads you click, social media accounts, logins, passwords. Credit card and bank account details. Everything! And, it doesn’t stop at observing. It keeps a record of everything. Then, once it deems it has stolen enough data, it exposes it. To whom? Well, to the cyber criminals that published the threat. Strangers with malicious intentions. Not people, you can trust with such sensitive information. Don’t let them get their hands on it. Protect your privacy, and ensure your system’s well-being. As soon as you spot the Hotivit.net site, acknowledge it as a sign of trouble. Accept that there is an adware, lurking on your computer. Find where its exact hiding place is. And, delete it on discovery. The faster you do, the better.
How did I get infected with?
Adware tools are sneaky. They use slyness and subtlety to slither into your system. And, they manage to invade undetected. Oh, yes. They slip by you, unnoticed. How? Well, they turn to the old but gold methods. Like, hiding behind freeware, corrupted links, sites or torrents, spam emails. And, they also pose as system or program updates. Like, Adobe Flash Player and Java. They have a plethora of tricks to choose from. However, whichever one they end up using, you provide the key ingredient. The key ingredient, to the infection’s covert invasion, is your carelessness. The tool needs you to rush, and give into naivety. To throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. To discard doing due diligence, and leave your fate to chance. Your carelessness eases the tool’s invasion. Why would you provide them? Don’t oblige. Don’t make it easier for the adware to slither into your system. Always make sure to be thorough. Read terms and conditions, know what you say YES to, know what you allow into your PC. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. Remember that.
Why is this dangerous?
The Hotivit.net page turns into the bane of your browsing. The adware forces it on you, at every turn. You get bombarded with advertisements, non-stop. Pop-up, in-text, banner ones. It’s a full-on whirlwind. And, each ad reads ‘Powered by Hotivit.net.‘ Not only that, but you see ‘Waiting for Hotivit.net,’ every time you touch your browser. Or, ‘Connecting to Hotivit.net,‘ or some other variation. Also, as if that’s enough of a nuisance, you get flooded with pop-up alerts. Alerts that urge you to click Allow. To click Allow, and subscribe to push notifications. Do NOT! Press nothing, you see, while the adware’s on board. Clicks only further your grievances. All these intrusions don’t go unnoticed. As mentioned, lagging becomes a part of your routine. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl. You suffer constant system crashes. It’s quite the nightmarish experience. Add to all that, the security hazard, and it’s evident. The adware has no place on your PC. Don’t extend its stay beyond the point of detection. Once you become aware of its existence, act against it. Find where it lurks, and delete it. Your future self will thank you for its prompt removal.
How to Remove Hotivit.net virus
The Hotivit.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Hotivit.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Hotivit.net in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Hotivit.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Hotivit.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Hotivit.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Hotivit.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Hotivit.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Hotivit.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Hotivit.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Hotivit.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.