Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove EasyZipTab.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed EasyZipTab.com Removal instructions!
EasyZipTab.com is a bogus search engine. It gets advertised as useful and reliable, but it’s not. It’s far from it. The website is a clear indication of an infection. Yes, if you spot it, do NOT use it! Acknowledge it for what it is. A symptom of an infection. As soon as the age pops up, accept it as the warning it is. A sign that screams ‘Hijacker!’ Heed its announcement, and act on it. EasyZipTab.com is NOT a site, you can or should, trust. It doesn’t fulfill any of the promises it lays out. It does NOT provide better results, or improve your experience. What it does do is wreak havoc, and make a colossal mess of everything. The more you allow it to remain, the worse the mess gets. To extend its stay beyond the point of discovery is a colossal mistake. One, you mustn’t make. Don’t delay the tool’s deletion. Find and remove it the first chance you get! Protect yourself from the consequences that would surely follow, if you don’t. Once EasyZipTab.com pops up, take notice. Do your best to find where the hijacker lurks. When you find it, delete it. The sooner you do, the better. Time is crucial.
How did I get infected with?
EasyZipTab.com seems to pop up out of the blue, doesn’t it? Well, the page pops up, courtesy of the hijacker behind it. And, no hijacker can enter a system without consent. Fact of the matter is, it sought permission on its admission. Yours. And, seeing as how it’s on your screen, you gave it. Odds are, you have no memory of doing so, but it did happen. Don’t be too hard on yourself, though. It was anything but a straightforward inquiry. Yes, the hijacker follows the rules, and asks for approval. But it does it in the sneakiest ways possible. After all, if it’s anything other than covert, you can deny it. It can’t risk rejection. So, to avoid it, it turns to trickery. The old but gold invasive methods come in rather handy. Fake updates, corrupted links, spam emails, freeware. Do you spot the common denominator? These are all methods that require your carelessness to prove successful. If you don’t grant it, you can catch the cyber threat in the act. And, deny it entry. But if you don’t, that’s it. It slips by you, unnoticed, and you suffer the consequences. Infections prey on your distraction, haste, and gullibility. Don’t forget that.
Why is this dangerous?
Hijackers are horrendous companions. After one slithers into your system, be wary. You’re in for quite the hazardous experience. Among the initial signs of trouble, is the changing of your browsing experience. Going online turns into a hellish ordeal. Every time, you even touch your browser, you get flooded with intrusions. You suffer endless redirects to suspicious sites. As well as, get bombarded with an ever-flowing waterfall of ads. Your screen gets riddles with pages and pop-ups. It’s quite the annoying mess. In your case, you get redirected to EasyZipTab.com, most of all. The page shows up, when you open a new tab. When you search the web, it’s among the results. It even takes over your preferred homepage and search engine. Did you agree to the switch? No. Did you have an inkling about its implementation? No. Yet, it’s fact. That’s how hijackers work. They invade, then take over your system. These tools have free rein. If they so wish it, they can fill your PC to the brim with malware. That won’t end well, so don’t let it get that far. Protect yourself, and your system from the clutches of the hijacker. The sooner you get rid of it, the better. You won’t only keep your system safe, but also ensure your privacy stays private. That’s yet another concern, the hijacker raises. It threatens to steal your personal and financial details. And, then, expose them to the people behind it. Given enough time on your PC, it will manage to fulfill its programming. So, don’t give it the time. Delete it ASAP.
How to Remove EasyZipTab.com virus
The EasyZipTab.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the EasyZipTab.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down EasyZipTab.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate EasyZipTab.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean EasyZipTab.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean EasyZipTab.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the EasyZipTab.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by EasyZipTab.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for EasyZipTab.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove EasyZipTab.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove EasyZipTab.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.