Can’t Remove DigiCoupon ads? This page includes detailed ads by DigiCoupon Removal instructions!
DigiCoupon is quite an old browser add-on that assures users to bring them all available coupons for their favorite online shopping websites. This should reduce the time users spend while shopping online and should most of all save them money. Unfortunately, even if the extension provides you with some decent offers, the majority of the pop-ups it displays will present you with unreliable content. Clicking ads by DigiCoupon may result in seriously infecting your system, and therefore you should avoid the ads and delete the browser add-on.
How did I get infected with?
The DigiCoupon add-on used to have an official website with a download button on it, but it does not exist any longer. Hence, if you are seeing ads by the extension, it must have been installed on your system without your consent. This often happens when downloading free applications from unauthorized sources. These apps tend to travel bundled with adware and other unwanted programs. During the setup process, you are usually informed about the additional programs and you are given the chance to disable their installation by unticking their boxes. If you try to think of how many times you have actually done that, you will probably not remember any because most users never do it. Then, you should not be surprised that DigiCoupon has found its way to your system.
Why are these ads dangerous?
Despite how good a bargain any ad by DigiCoupon might offer you, you should not fall for it because there is no guarantee that it is genuine. The purpose of the ads is to get you to click on as many as possible, and for this reason they are designed to be very tempting. The ads are based on your online preferences which makes them even more attractive. The developers of DigiCoupon are motivated to do that because every time you click an ad, they receive money. The problem is, however, that every time you click an ad you might be sent to an unknown website where you might be offered to purchase a non-existing product, download a suspicious program, or get directly infected with malware. The consequences are not positive in any of the cases, so you should consider removing DigiCoupon from your computer immediately.
How Can I Remove DigiCoupon Ads?
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the DigiCoupon infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall DigiCoupon from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the DigiCoupon program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove DigiCoupon from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove the unwanted add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
Permanently Remove DigiCoupon Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.