Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
If you are seeing “Your Computer Was Automatically Blocked” message – you are in a big trouble!
VirLock Ransomware is a nasty infection that will lock your screen and display a message saying that the access to your PC is denied because of some illegal downloads. The message may also quote some non-existing law and carry the logo of a local law enforcement agency to look more authentic. You will be asked to pay a certain amount of money as a fine for the crime you have supposedly committed, and after you pay that fine you will be able to use your computer as before. Although you may feel quite intimidated by the message from VirLock Ransomware, you should not believe any word of it because it is all just a scam. What you have to do is remain calm and do your best to get rid of the infection.
There are numerous ways for VirLock Ransomware to enter your system. It could appear after visiting malicious web pages and clicking on suspiciously looking ads. These usually carry installers of various infections, including adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, and ransomware. VirLock Ransomware may also sneak into your PC when you download corrupted files. This is why you should be very careful what websites you visit and what programs you download. Please note that VirLock Ransomware and other similar infections can only infiltrate your system if your PC is not well protected against threats.
Once VirLock Ransomware is on your system, it will block some of your important files and you will be able to regain access to them only after paying the requested amount of money. Unfortunately, if you remove the infection there is no guarantee that you will get your files back. This is why it is a good idea to regularly back them up in order to be prepared for such situations. What is more, you should not even consider paying any money to unknown parties as you will not only lose them, but you will also put your credit card details in the hands of cyber criminals who may empty your bank account. Do not let VirLock Ransomware remain on your system any minute longer, use the instructions below to deal with this malicious infections.
VirLock Ransomware Removal Instructions
STEP 1: Start Your Computer into Safe Mode with Networking
- Make sure you do not have any floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs inserted in your computer
- Restart the computer
- When you see a table, start tapping the F8 key every second until you enter the Advanced Boot Options
- in the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type iexplore www.virusresearch.org/download-en
- Internet Explorer will open and a professional scanner will prompt to be downloaded
- Run the installer
- Follow the instruction and use the professional malware removal tool to detect the files of the virus.
- After performing a full scan you will be asked to register the software. You can do that or perform a manual removal.
Remove “Your Computer Was Automatically Blocked” Manually
You need to delete the following files and registry keys. These were in our case:
Delete the following service:
Navigate to your program data folder and delete the executable. Please, not that you need to enable hidden files.
You can alternatively use your msconfig to disable the execution point of the virus. Please, have in mind that the names in your machine might be different as they are generated randomly, that’s why you run the professional scanner to identify the files.
It is always a good idea to use a reputable anti-malware program after manual removal, to prevent this from happening again.