Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Biolento.net hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Biolento.net Removal instructions!
A nasty browser hijacker is lurking behind the Biolento.net website. This website looks like something that is unchanged from the 90s. It is supposed to be an easy to use software-finder. Do not download anything! Yes, most of the offered tools have their own websites. Yet, those third-party applications always “fail” to disclose what they are programmed to do. You already have an infection on board. Don’t compromise your PC even further. The Biolento.net hijacker is a piece of software that should be deleted upon discovery. It is programmed to turn your browsing experience into a nightmare. The furtive app uses a pay-per-click marketing system. For every ad you click on, the people behind the hijacker will get paid. Don’t become their sponsor. They penetrated your system. Your cyber security is no concern of theirs. Why should you help them?! The hijacker will expose you to numerous advertisements. Numerous! We are not kidding. Every website you visit will be heavy on ads. Now and then, a pop-up window will appear. Random website text will be turned into hyperlinks. And, of course, no matter what you look at, you will get constantly redirected. When you try to follow a link, additional tabs will open. As annoying as those issues are, they are nothing compared to what is happening behind your back. Oh, yes! The hijacker is working behind your very back. Have you noticed that all ads you have seen recently are related to your interest, hobbies or needs? All ads are somewhat appealing, aren’t they? It is not a surprise. After all, these advertisements were chosen especially for you. The Biolento.net hijacker knows what you are looking for. It, after all, is spying on you. There is nothing private any longer. You are being monitored! Stop this madness. Follow our guide or use a trustworthy anti-virus program. The choice is yours. Clean your PC now. The sooner this parasite is gone, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Biolento.net hijacker did not appear by magic. This application was installed on your machine. Chances are, you are the one who did it. You may not remember doing it because you were tricked. The Biolento.net hijacker never asked you openly. It might have arrived as a bundled app to some freeware or shareware you downloaded off the web. When installing a program, opt for advanced installation option. This method is not complicated. Only under the adverted installation wizard can you see a list of all additional tools that are about to be installed. Do yourself a favor and deselect them. You don’t need these extras. If you did, you would have downloaded them by yourself. Never rush through the installation process. Read the terms and conditions. Only your caution can prevent problems. Do your due diligence. Other malware distribution techniques involve spam emails, torrents, and corrupted links. Yet, all of them rely on your carelessness. Be vigilant instead.
Why is this dangerous?
The Biolento.net hijacker should not be tolerated. The longer it stays on your machine, the more dangerous it becomes. This tool is programmed to spy on you. There is nothing private any longer. Nothing. Every website you visit, every search inquiry you make, every link you follow. Everything is monitored. And the data? The data is automatically sent to the owners of the malicious tool. They will use it to target you with even more advertisements. However, they will also sell it. If your data pack contains sensitive information, hell will rise. Avoid banking services and social media while the Biolento.net hijacker remains active on your machine. You cannot see it, but the hijacker can “see” you. It can steal your usernames and passwords. Even your email addresses are no mystery for the app. Check your inbox now. It is probably full of junk mail. The stream of issues is not ending with the lack of privacy. All ads you are exposed to are potentially dangerous. Hackers often use such malicious tools to spread corrupted links and ads. If you click on such a link, a virus may be downloaded directly to your PC. Or, the links may redirect you an infected website. There, again, a virus will be downloaded. This will happen via drive-by download. These types of downloads are completely automatic. They don’t require the user’s interaction and have no visualization. Therefore, they are often used for malware and virus distribution. Don’t risk your computer’s health. Remove the Biolento.net hijacker immediately.
How to Remove Biolento.net virus
The Biolento.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Biolento.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Biolento.net infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Biolento.net related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Biolento.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Biolento.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Biolento.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Biolento.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Biolento.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Biolento.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Biolento.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Biolento.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.