Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Basepush.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Basepush.com Removal instructions!
A browser hijacker lurks somewhere in the corners of your system. It used slyness and subtlety to slither in undetected. And, you’re now suffering the consequences of the invasion. You get redirected to Basepush.com, non-stop. The infection makes sure the page pops up, at every turn. No matter what you do, it finds a way to display it. The tool floods your screen with interference, every time you browse. You see a whirlwind of in-text, banner, and pop-up ads. And, each one is ‘Brought to you by Basepush.com.’ The website also appears when you open a new tab. And, when you type a search, it shows up among the suggested results. The hijacker turns it into an unavoidable part of your online experience. That doesn’t go unnoticed for long. These incessant disruptions take their toll on your system. It starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your computer also slows down to a crawl, and lagging becomes a daily nuisance. Having a hijacker is quite unpleasant. You have nothing to gain, apart from grievances and annoyance. Accept the tool for what it is. A dangerous and damaging cyber menace. One that has no place on your PC. One that brings nothing but headaches and frustration your way. Acknowledge the danger, you’re in, and take immediate action. Do your best to discover the infection’s exact hiding place. Then, when you do, delete it. The faster you do, the better! So, don’t delay.
How did I get infected with?
Basepush.com pops up, after a hijacker invades. But how does one end up with a hijacker? These tools can’t enter on their own accord. They can’t appear out of the blue. They need user’s permission on their admission. Yours. If such a program is to access your system, n exchange has to take place. The program has to ask if you agree to allow it in. And, it can only continue, if you do. To avoid rejection, it turns to trickery. Yes, it does follow the rules, and asks for your approval on its entry. Only, it does so, in the most covert way possible. The usual antics include the following. Freeware, spam emails, corrupted links or sites. The tool can also pose as a fake update. Like, Java or Adobe Flash player. Though, these methods may seem prolific, they share a common necessity. Neither one can prove successful, without your carelessness. The hijacker needs you to rush, and throw caution to the wind. To rely on luck, instead of vigilance. That eases its covert invasion. Don’t do that! Don’t make it easier for the cyber threat to sneak in. Carelessness leads to troubles. Caution helps you to avoid it. Always take the time to be thorough. Read terms and conditions, do your due diligence. It goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The Basepush.com page is a harbinger of bad news. Its display is trouble, and the sooner you accept that, the better. The hijacker, using the site as a front, is dangerous. It doesn’t only wreak havoc on your system’s well-being. It also takes aim at your privacy. Oh, yes! The tool has instructions to get a hold of your information. And, then, proceed to send the stolen data to the cyber criminals that published it. Make no mistake! Given enough time on your system, it WILL fulfill its agenda. The question is, will you allow it to? Or, would you rather, protect yourself, as well as your system? Once the hijacker slithers its way in, it begins to spy on you. It tracks your browsing, and records everything you do. That gives it access to your private details. Credit card and an information, passwords, anything and everything. After it determines it has collected enough data, it proceeds to send it. Once the people, behind the infection, get a hold of your data, that’s it. They can use it as they see fit. And, there’s nothing you can do to stop them. Are you willing to trust unknown third parties with your sensitive information? Here’s some advice: Don’t! Keep your privacy private, and your system safe from the clutches of the hijacker. The appearance of Basepush.com as a sign. A bad one. And, act at once. Find where the infection lurks, and delete it ASAP. Heed the warning that the page is. You won’t regret it.
How to Remove Basepush.com virus
The Basepush.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Basepush.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Basepush.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Basepush.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Basepush.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Basepush.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Basepush.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Basepush.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Basepush.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Basepush.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Basepush.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.