Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Adult.yourblocksite.com Removal instructions!
Adult.yourblocksite.com is a hijacker-related website. If it pops up on your screen, prepare for trouble. Your computer is no longer infection-free. The Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker lurks somewhere in the corners of your OS and causes problems. This parasite is an invader which takes control of your web browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, there is no immune program. The parasite can corrupt them all. And, once it calls your browser “home,” hell rises. The hijacker takes over your browsing experience. It floods you with ads. When you click, it gets paid. Thus, it has no intentions of limiting the number of its ads. If you, however, resist playing its game, it starts to load shady websites. The hijacker knows no boundaries. It redirects your web traffic to sponsored platforms and even dares pause your videos for commercial breaks. And, when you get used to its adverts, the hijacker gets more aggressive. This parasite tends to get out of control. Do not let this scenario unfold. Get back in control of your browser. Act against the Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker. The sooner you remove this parasite, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker does not target individual victims. No, it has other plans. The parasite uses mass-distribution methods to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. It lurks behind software bundles, fake updates, and torrents. These methods deliver the parasite to your system. Yet, they don’t install it. You do that. You install the parasite by not paying attention to the fine print. The Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker needs an invitation to enter your OS. If you are not careful, it steals one from you. Don’t make its job easier. Be always vigilant and doubting. Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Under it, you would be able to deselect all bonus programs that are about to get installed. Bear in mind that these unknown programs, more often than not, are parasites. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Read the terms and conditions/end user license agreement. You can, of course, speed up this step by using an online EULA analyzer. If you detect anything suspicious, abort the installation immediately!
Why is this dangerous?
The Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker has no place on your computer. This parasite is a menace. It interferes with your every online action. It doesn’t matter whether you type a search inquiry or watch a video, the parasite is always there to annoy you. The hijacker, however, is not a mere annoyance. It is quite hazardous. It jeopardizes both your security and privacy. To provide you with relevant ads, this parasite spies on you. That’s right! It monitors your browsing-related data and uses the collected information as a base for ad-targeting. The hijacker knows your every online step. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. It’s just a matter of time before it discovers something sensitive. You wouldn’t want this to happen. The hijacker doesn’t keep this information to itself. It sells access to it. Anyone willing to pay can access the collected information. Numerous crooks use the hijacker and its resources to target potential victims. They create customized ads and force them on you. The crooks show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. You risk ending up on scam and potentially infected pages. Don’t risk it. Do what’s best for you and your system’s well-being. Remove the Adult.yourblocksite.com hijacker ASAP!
How to Remove Adult.yourblocksite.com virus
The Adult.yourblocksite.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Adult.yourblocksite.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Adult.yourblocksite.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Adult.yourblocksite.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Adult.yourblocksite.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Adult.yourblocksite.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Adult.yourblocksite.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Adult.yourblocksite.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Adult.yourblocksite.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Adult.yourblocksite.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Adult.yourblocksite.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.