Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Livemediasearch.plus hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Livemediasearch.plus Removal instructions!
A hijacker lurks on your computer. That’s right. It hides in the corner of your system, and wreaks havoc. The tool sneaks in undetected, then proceeds to spread its corruption. After invasion, it announces its presence via the Livemediasearch.plus page. Consider the website its grand reveal. It’s its way of announcing itself. You best heed it. Acknowledge the site as the sign it is, and act on it. If you don’t, you’re setting yourself up for a bad time. To extend the tool’s stay beyond the point of detection is a mistake. One you WILL regret. One with colossal consequences. Hijackers have a notorious reputation, and they’ve earned it. Once they infiltrate your PC, they waste no time. Neither does the one, lurking behind the Livemediasearch.plus site. It spreads its clutches throughout, and influences every aspect of your system. It doesn’t take long before you encounter the effects of its stay. You face incessant online interference, and the repercussions that follow. There’s a looming threat of getting stuck with the dreaded blue. And, to top it all off, your privacy is at risk. Do yourself a favor, and don’t allow the hijacker to remain on your PC. As soon as it reveals itself, act against it. Find where it lurks, and delete it. Livemediasearch.plus is a sign. Accept it as such.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are sneaky. The one, behind Livemediasearch.plus, is, too. The nasty tool duped you into giving it the green light of admission. All, while keeping you clueless. But how do you suppose agree to install a program, and not know it? Well, simple. As stated, you got duped. Yes, the adware does seek your consent on its entry. But don’t think it does so openly. The exchange is anything but straightforward. Think about it. If the tool outright shows up to ask if you agree to allow it, you’d deny it. Wouldn’t you? To avoid taking such risks, the adware turns to trickery. It still asks you, but does it via slyness and finesse. For example, it hides behind corrupted links, fake updates, freeware. There’s a plethora of methods, it can use. It’s up to you to look past the deception, and spot the cyber threat, attempting invasion. And, prevent its success. You’re the last line of defense. If you wish to keep infections out of your PC,. Be thorough! Always take the time to do your due diligence. Don’t give into naivety, and rely on luck. Carelessness leads to infections. Caution keeps them out. Remember that, next time you install anything off the web, into your PC.
Why is this dangerous?
Livemediasearch.plus pops up every time, you surf the web. No matter what you do, the hijacker finds a way to force it on you. Open a new tab? Livemediasearch.plus is there to greet you. Type a search? Livemediasearch.plus is among the results. Livemediasearch.plus is even in place of your default homepage and search engine. Did you agree to that? No. Yes, it’s fact nonetheless. That’s one of the dangers, the hijacker poses. It’s free to perform a variety of switches throughout your system. And, it can do so, without bothering to seek your consent. Or, even clue you into its actions. For example, you can discover your homepage switched. Or, you can come to find your PC, brimming with infections. Yes, the hijacker can install as many unwanted malicious tools as it wants. It can flood your system with malware. And, how long do you think it will last, should that happen? Don’t wait around to find out. Don’t take the risk. What if, one day, you discover your screen is blue? Facing The Blue Screen of Death is a pretty minute possibility. But it is one that exists! So, ask yourself if you’re willing to take it? And, for what? The hijacker offers no help, no positives. You ‘gain’ nothing but headaches and grievances. Not to mention, it threatens to steal your personal and financial data. Only to, then, expose it to the cyber criminals behind t. Don’t let it! Locate and remove the nasty hijacker menace ASAP!
How to Remove Livemediasearch.plus virus
The Livemediasearch.plus infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Livemediasearch.plus infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Livemediasearch.plus related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Livemediasearch.plus startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Livemediasearch.plus virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Livemediasearch.plus traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Livemediasearch.plus by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Livemediasearch.plus
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Livemediasearch.plus, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Livemediasearch.plus argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Livemediasearch.plus Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.