Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Remove Nation Zoom Search Virus (nationzoom.com)
The Nation Zoom search engine is a browser hijacker that is usually promoted with free programs. It installs silently and changes your browser homepage to nationzoom.com and your default search engine to nationzoom.com. This is not technically a virus, but it is considered as browser hijacker because it installs extensions to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer without user consent.
How Did nationzoom.com Virus Infected My Computer?
The Nation Zoom homepage took over your computer after you have installed a freeware software that was bundled with this browser hijacker. The NationZoom.com redirect virus can installed from a variety of questionable websites like download.com. Any software that supports the WebSearch website is often bundled with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware software. A opportunity is usually given to accept or decline an offer to install the unwanted software and change the home page and search engine to the Nation Zoom search engine; However, the decline of the offer is presented in a confusing manner or ignored.
What is Nation Zoom Virus?
The Nation Zoom homepage will display many annoying advertisements and sponsored links in the search results. It will collect search terms from your queries. The Nation Zoom browser hijack is used to boost advertising revenue and increase a site’s page rank to gain better positions.
Am I infected with nationzoom.com virus?
If your search engine is changed to nationzoom.com and you are having difficulties setting any other home page – then most probably you are infected with the nationzoom.com virus.
How to remove Nationzoom.com virus (manual) removal guide
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the nationzoom infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall Nation Zoom malicious programs from your computer
To uninstall the Nation Zoom software redirect, click on the Windows Start Button, then go to Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program.
examine all the installed programs and uninstall nationzoom Browser Protecter, WPM18.104.22.16897, WSYS Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365 and anything that looks unknown and suspicious to you. The above software names might vary, if you do not have any of the above mentioned software you can proceed to the next step.
STEP 2: Remove nationzoom from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
Remove nationzoom from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu (1), select Tools (2)—> Extensions (3)
- Delete all nationzoom.com add-ons by going to Settings (4)
- Under On startup (5), select open a specific page or set of pages (6) and click the Set pages link. Specify the desired home page.
- Under Search (7), set the necessary search provider.
- Close the Settings window.
Remove nationzoom from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser
- In the Main Menu (1), select Options (2)—> Options (3)
- Specify the necessary Home Page
- Click OK
- In the browser menu select Add-ons
- In the Add-ons manager windows go to Extensions tab
- Delete all nationzoom.com extensions
- Close Mozilla Firefox
Remove nationzoom from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- On the top right click on Tools then Internet Options
- On the General TAB click on Use Blank (1), then go to Advanced (2)
- On the Advanced Tab (1) click on Reset (2). Then check the “Delete Personal Settings” (3) and Reset (4) again
- After Internet Explorer resets, click on Close and then click OK
- Restart Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Clean all program shortcuts that have been hijacked by the nationzoom virus
How to remove Nationzoom.com virus (automatic) removal guide
Use any Professional Removal Tool to remove nationzoom.com malware leftovers.